Monday, November 15, 2021

Gratitude and other reflections

 I love November.  I always have. To me, it represents gratitude and a reason to express gratitude.  Maybe even be kinder, nicer, more gracious.  

I wrote about consistency the other day.  In one area of my life, I have been consistent with my Monday Motivation posts.  I started them during the pandemic as a way to hold myself accountable for pursuing being my own boss.  I could share stories, ideas and thoughts every Monday.  As that has evolved, it has taken on a life of its own.  This month, for example, I am posting about things I am grateful for--friendships, my new metal butterfly and wine lunches with friends.  I feel I am finding my voice and feel more comfortable sharing it.  I am not so concerned about what other people think or what they will say.  I am trying to be honest with where I am at in life.

Sometimes it feels like one step forward, two steps back.  Why is it so much easier to self-sabotage than to keep momentum going?  Is it all related to fear?  Or doubt?  Or guilt?  I really don't know. I do see some patterns emerging currently.  I need to set healthy limits so that I do focus on what is important to me.  And I need to continue to be positive and honest about what I want.  If I need to say no to a lunch date because I don't feel going, I need to do it. Or, if I pick up a book and know that it isn't for me, I need to put it down instead of forcing myself to read it.  This current book I was gifted is awful.  Run on sentences.  Run on sentences and I still cannot get into the story.  I think I have slogged through forty pages.  I need to release it to one of free libraries in my neighborhood.  I just don't think I can do it.

I have gratitude to realizing my boundaries. Better yet, my need to establish boundaries.  Save my energy and focus.  I have my final yoga happy hour tomorrow and I cannot wait!   I went shopping for supplies this morning and will be able to do the prep work tomorrow.  I am relying a little more on dips and charcuterie than I had in the past.  I also had a partner that was creative and mindful about dishes he prepared.  

I am learning to be more confident in this arena.  The group yoga does not terrify me like it once did. I hope to teach more group classes as a matter of fact.  Something to focus on for 2021.  Finding a space to offer groups classes and happy hour.

 Now, I am worried about the appetizers I bring.  I am bringing foods that I think are tasty and a little diverse.  More cheese than I would like to offer but just because I don't enjoy dairy doesn't mean that other people do not.  I have my standard veggie tray and a few other easy creations.  Wine and tequila to distract if the food is not adequate.

Only time will tell.  Tomorrow will be fantastic. I am thankful for the place that I am in right now.  Thankful for the opportunity to reflect and be tranquil.  What are you thankful for today?

No comments: