Thursday, November 18, 2021

Double up

 Two posts today.  I was doing well.  Then, yesterday I got a little sidetracked.  Lunch with Roxie, followed by a meet up with Jordan to coordinate Saturday yoga which derailed me.   Originally, Jordan and I texted about meeting at a coffee shop in the morning.  I walked over to the coffee shop at said time and waited.  

Eventually, I reached out to see if he remembered about our meet up. I didn't want to suffocate him but I had cleared my morning to be able to meet with him.  He called me and seemed discombobulated.  He said that he had been covering shifts and so his sleep schedule was off.  I can respect that.  I remember working at bars and getting off at 3 a.m..  You aren't quite ready for sleep and so you stay up.  Maybe have a beverage or two and wake up the next day at noon.  I cannot live like that anymore.  It is way too hard on my body!

He called me after I had arranged a meet up with Roxanne.  We were planning on walking in her neighborhood with their foster dog.  We could day drink at Postino and get Teddy more exposure.  I texted Roxanne that I needed to postpone for an hour or so. Jordan offered to come to my apartment with wine to chat about the Saturday sessions.  I told him I could meet him in 20 minutes and not to worry--I had wine.  I went downstairs to my front porch and waited.  I had my calendar, my phone and a book. Thirty minutes pass and he has not shown up.  I figure he fell back asleep.

I text him to suggest meeting later that I needed to run some errands and get stuff done.  He calls me to see where I am and when we can meet.  Seriously, I believe he was sleep walking.  I do get it.  Sleep deprivation is a real thing.

Eventually, we meet but it threw off my day.  It threw off my desire to write.  Instead, I met him, we ended up bar hopping in my hood (which was fantastic by the way).  We stopped by the Middleman and To the Wind.  I miss the impulsiveness of going to a random bar or restaurant.  I am conditioned to make reservations, post pandemic.  It ensures getting a seat, lol.  

Last night was fantastic!  We stopped into To the Wind and tried to get a seat at their bar.  They told us we had 10 minutes but to sit down and they would take care of us.  I miss that!  I love the spontanaeity!

I have some things to attend to.  I did manage to make my new flyers for Saturday yoga events.  I will drop them off and figure out the rest of my day.  I feel blissful and free.

No comments: