Thursday, November 18, 2021

gratitude and other reflections

 Gratitude....focus of this month.  

I think I am most thankful for my body scrub this afternoon.  It enabled me two hours of bliss and self-care.  When I arrived, there was one other woman in the facility.  We alternated between the dry sauna and cold splash.  Somehow we managed to avoid the other before my number was called for the body scrub.

I had a moderately productive day before letting it go. This evening was a loss. I dropped flyers off to the bar regarding yoga and then headed to pick up food at one of my favorite italian spots.  I showed up, early, to ensure that I would be able to get a seat at their bar.  Ironically, there were no spots.  The manager offered me a seat and I watched him carry a bar stool across the restaurant with a child in his arms.  The things we do, lol.

I ordered take out and went out fairly early.  I set up my activities to achieve and fell asleep.  I hope it doesn't interfere with my night of sleep.  The last week has been crazy.  Waking up, hourly, or every hour and a half. It is messing with my routine.  I think I am overthinking which is normal.  Typically, I can shut this off but the last few days it has run wild.  I need a switch or way to regulate this.  

Tomorrow there are a few classes and then work.  I am thankful for both.  The classes allow me to express my creativity and build on my dream. I want to share movement with people.  I was working, steadily, until the last month.  The holidays are proving to be a challenge.  Still there is opportunity out there as I am finding.

Working enables supplemental income.  I have struggled to make it work due to my own issues.  I want to work but I want it under ideal circumstances.  That is on me.  I will continue to work on myself as I navigate working.

Blogging is helping me be consistent and thoughtful.  I need both right now.  I am continuing on this path wherever it leads.  As noted, it is easier to fail.  I refuse to do that this time.  Gratitude for life, people, food and water.  I am hoping that yoga this Saturday will be a success!


No comments: