Friday, December 10, 2021

Friday's question

This might be a little tmi....the question today is how do I show love to myself? To others?

I think I should love to myself by self-care.  I try to get a body scrub, monthly.  Sometimes a pedicure, facial or massage, too.  I think that is one way that I try to show love to myself.  But in the last week of reflection, I realize that I could do a better job of loving myself.  I think I have isolated myself from others and family from past experiences.  It is self-protection.  Harder to be hurt if you don't allow others the opportunity to hurt you.  I think of my relationship with my parents.  Tenuous, at best.  

I know that they love me and I love them. However, I don't have the closest relationship with either of them.  I rely more on my friends for emotional support.  I think it has always been since way, too.  I wasn't the oldest, I wasn't the youngest and I didn't have health concerns. I was just there.  I think I have blamed some of my emotional hesitancies on my mom.  Many of them, actually,  Yet, recently, I realized that my dad is equally at fault.  Rare to recognize that and still processing what to do with the information.

I show love to others by feeding them, for one.  Spending time and listening to their concerns.  Sharing my love of yoga is another way I share love.  I believe we should all focus on nourishing our bodies.  We are inundated with information--good and bad, daily.  Overwhelmed, in fact, at times. It is easy to let our minds wander and distract ourselves from what is true for each of us.  Nourishment and healing are essential to our daily lives.  We need to replenish and stop giving so much of ourselves that lead to depletion.

How can you rejuvenate?  I hope to schedule a body scrub in the next few weeks. The Goddess mentioned meeting so I can pick up my vitamins and getting a pedicure together. I am all for those meetups!  

Today I woke up to snow.  The sun in shining brightly and it is beautiful today.  I am listening to a podcast about finance.  I am inspired to make some changes.  And I am considering a sober January or at least a good chunk of it.  I think it will allow me to clarify my goals and look inside.  We shall see.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.


No comments: