Monday, December 13, 2021

Comedy of errors

Yesterday was all about adaptation and going with the flow. I woke up, early, and prepped for my yoga at the St. Paul.  I checked the weather.  It was sunny but 22 degrees outside.  Thankfully, I grabbed more than my hoodie since when I arrived at the bar, it wasn't open.  I called Jordan but he did not answer.  I tried texting as three people arrived.  I started to freak out a little bit.  

I offered to have my clients come to my house to do yoga.  They agreed.  I worried that my apartment was not clean.  We started later than expected.  My spotify wouldn't work.  It seemed like everything that could go wrong was going to.  It was a comedy of errors.  Midway through the class, I opened some cava to provide some levity to the situation.  I think I was creating this story in my head about how awful it was.  I kept looking around my apartment.  It's spartan.  I have a tv that is decorative.  I have a few pieces of artwork in my living room that I love but that is eclectic.  My Frieda Kahlo might seem a little odd.  My mind was in overdrive as I attempted to teach the class.

Ironically, I think I was making it more of an issue. I don't think it bothered anyone else.  They were there to do yoga.  Overall, it went well.  My space can hold maybe five people if I make a few adjustments.  I explored the option of moving my tv to my room.  Yet, the cable jack is located in the living room.  I might shift my couch around to make more space.  

I told my clients that we would return to the tavern with my apartment being a plan B.  I am thankful for the flexibility of my clients.  It could have went sideways or been canceled for all I know.  Randomly, my spotify is still messed up.  I tried to use the platform this morning and it played three songs and then crapped out.  It shows a message about returning to music after these messages....hmmm....irritating!

2022, I think, will be more adapting, evolving and expanding.  I have learned, a lot, this year and it will continue. More marketing, admin and clientele.  It has been wonderful to roll with whatever happens.  Not be so stuck in what I think I should be doing.  

No comments: