Thursday, December 23, 2021

Solstice

Tuesday was a big day!  Started out with 36 sun salutations with Jenipher at 7 am.  We had arranged a session to honor the solstice.  A little ambitious as she wanted to attempt 108 sun salutations.  Achieving thirty-six was fantastic especially for her.  When we were practicing together we focused mostly on breathwork and creating strength.  She has improved her practice and 36 was a huge feat.  We celebrated with a little Veuve.

Afterwards, I had set up a 5 pm session where we would do 108 salutations. I knew that this group would hold me to it.  There would be no way to avoid doing the flow.  Even if it took us all night. We would do one hundred and eight sun A's.  One hour and twenty minutes later, we did it!

All, in all, one hundred and forty-four salutations.  It was awesome! I felt honored to lead the sessions and participate.  I offered dragon fruit, pineapple and strawberries to cleanse the palette before sharing kitchari.  It worked well.  I figured that we would want to replenish and kitchari is the best way.  Incredibly good for the gut and healthy.  I learned how to make it while doing yoga with Paige in Santa Fe.  She wanted me to eat kitchari two to three times a week.  It has been a minute since I made it.  Thankfully, I have my pressure cooker and a better blender.

I slept so well the last few days.  Something about that repetitive movement and breathwork.  And, I treated myself to a body scrub yesterday.  My last one for awhile.  It seems like every time I enter the facility they have a new rules and regulations.  It is stressful.  Plus, I have my infrared sauna now that I am enjoying in the mornings.  I have managed to wake up, daily, grab a hot lemon water and meditate for 30 minutes.  My skin feels incredible and I am seeing benefits from this purchase.  I bought books to inspire more learning and a vision board to utilize for 2022.  Fully embracing the energy of the solstice.  I feel that the last few months, I have been planting seeds for growth and working on myself.  Things are now coming to fruition.


No comments: