Thursday, December 16, 2021

some advice

What kind of advice on life would my old self give to my current self?

I think my old self would tell my current self to follow the rules.  I know that seems simplistic but I have always followed the rules.  This was ingrained in me at a very young. The difference between right and wrong.  Paying bills before they are due.  Following systems in play.  I remember, vividly, making a budget for Brian and expecting him to follow it.  Granted, I was older than him and felt I had a better approach to getting out of debt.  We were on the verge of making a lifelong commitment to each other and I didn't want to take on his debt.  I made him pay his credit card bill before it was due and two days later, he died.  Paying that bill made no difference.  It didn't bring him back.  

I think that was the first time I questioned how I operated under the guise of doing what is right.  Sometimes, you do what is best.  You create what you want.  You are above fear.  I forget this though and almost always default to doing what is right.  I am fantastic at being accountable for things I do.  Ironically, other people in my life are never held accountable. Mostly, work related.  And it isn't specific to one job.  It's been this way most of my life.

I don't even argue. I just agree and try to do better. Until recently that is. I don't think doing what is right is always correct. And it doesn't work if you are the only one playing by these arbitrary rules.  All I can do is do better, daily.  

I picked up an infrared sauna blanket. I am still on the fence if I like it or not.  I want to make sure that it will heat up and make me sweat.  I hope to pick up a vision board for 2022.  There are a few options with cork board which I like.  I could set monthly goals instead of an annual focus.  

I do believe in avoiding debt.  I am just not so concerned about making early payments anymore. I wait til the day they are due and make a payment.  It fits my mood.  

I guess I am growing up, lol.

No comments: