Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Hump Day

Happy Humpday!  Midweek check in.  Always a time to reflect and consider how you want to finish your week.  

I thought I would be preparing food at home this week.  Instead, I have been fairly social.  Take out on Monday from a greek restaurant after my in person session that night.  Yesterday, I met Brie for a walk around City Park.  Spontaneously, we went to lunch afterwards.  Impromptu sushi meet up.  I finally attempted to get my admin caught up and found myself distracted.  Uninspired to try to make dinner.  

Today, I was supposed to teach an in person session and then go to lunch.  The weather is not cooperating and so my client had to reschedule.  Again, I am uninspired to cook at home.  Is that terrible?

I find myself listening to a podcast while attempting to be consistent with blogging.  It has been consistent.  I don't know that the content is fantastic.  Still I want to continue on this path.  I want to pursue enlightenment and making changes in my life.

That being said, here is the question of the day--are there things I should let go of in order to move forward?  

Possibly. In terms of relationships/friendships, I know that I must forgive myself and move forward.  I cannot wait for a conversation or closure with some people.  Sometimes, energetically, you no longer align and that is okay.  What do they say--reason, season or lifetime?  

I have a few lifetime friends that I am incredibly thankful for.  But in order to achieve this, there has to be two people committed to cultivating the relationship.  Both have to agree to have the hard conversations.  There is so much forgiveness involved, too. If the expectation is that you are owed an apology without identifying your participation in it, you probably are falling out of alignment.

I have other friendships where I know I will talk to the person again.  I am confident that we will come to terms with the hurt and move forward.  Sometimes, I waiver due to impatience.  But, ultimately, when I look inside, I know that we will talk.  I believe it.

I need to let go of the judgment, fear, doubt that I have placed on myself.  I think I am supported by many friends and family.  And, perhaps, they think I am foolish but rarely, do they let on.  I place these limiting thoughts on myself.  I struggle, sometimes, to maneuver through them but I have to. Otherwise, I will be stagnant.

I truly believe I will be driving to Florida in February.  I need to figure out the timeline.  I could do it in three days but it would be painful. Instead, I would like to stop in Dallas for two days.  Drive to NOLA and spend two days and then head to St. Petersburg to spend five to six days.  Return to Denver a little quicker but essentially the same route.  Maybe stop in Santa Fe and soak at Ojo Caliente on my way back.  

I bring up the road trip because I want to do it but am afraid of requesting the time off.  However, I know that I need to let this go. This fear, doubt, uncertainty to keep moving forward.  I want to travel, experience life and continue to grow.

The pandemic helped me create a new life.  It also limited me in many ways. I have not traveled.  I have been to Santa Fe four times this year.  Last year, I went to Barcelona (thankfully) and a few times to Santa Fe.  Typically, I travel 12-14 times a year.  I miss it.  I am making a change for 2022.

Lengthy response today.  I think listening to the podcast while blogging inspired this.


No comments: