Wednesday, December 1, 2021

 Another question from the journal rolodex....who am I when I'm alone?

Hmmm....many things.  Currently, reflective and a tad bit sad.  Happy, getting better, feeling healthy.  Excited, anxious, stressed.  Is it okay to be all of these things?  I might be more.

I am traveling tomorrow.  I have most of it packed and have a few more items to put together.  I am taking a lot this time.  Food, my blender, swim suit, stuff for Ojo Caliente, things to read, yoga planner, clothes and a few other items.  Oh, and wine.  I picked up some wine this evening so that I could focus on arriving, going directly to La Choza and then teaching Melanie at 4 pm.  I am excited for this mini adventure and already planning my next one.  I feel drawn to flying to Florida.  I miss my friend, Sara Jo.  

I am expressive, creative, vibrant, crazy, intense, extreme.  All of these things make me who I am.  I remember buying a plane ticket to Greece.  My plan was to travel for six months and then figure out what I wanted to do.  Be it, stay abroad, or return stateside. Then, 9/11 happened and my life altered its course.  I ended up in Denver where I have been off and of since 2001.  I met Brian which encouraged me to stay here.  He died in 2006.  Another wrench in my life plans.  I traveled for 5 months hoping to find myself.  Maybe I found a piece of me during that time.  I was pretty okay with whatever happened.  Sort of melancholy and I think I freaked out the majority of my family.  I was not drawn to death but I was okay if I was done.  Grief does that.  I had no inspiration.  I was always sad about what I had lost.

Then, eventually, I grew out of that and found myself back in Denver.  Motivated to do something new and find a way to travel.  I started running which opened me up to a new friend group.  In some ways, I feel that I always find a new opportunity.  

Currently, I feel a little stuck.  Or maybe I think I am stuck because I am not seeing enough results.  As you can see, I am all over the place with this question.  Extremely reflective

No comments: