Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Recap

More me time....finally. This was the year of stepping out and seeing what is possible.  Not relying on others to provide for me.  Self-indulgence, throwing things at a wall, trying to make it work. That was 2021 for me.

I left my job in March.  Actually, in a way, it was before that.  I had not been happy for awhile. I tried to make it work but struggled.  I knew that I wanted more for me.  However, working for others is always easier.  It was what I was taught at home, in school, even college.  Why break out on your hold when all you know is how to work for others?

I figured that I would figure it out.  In some ways, I did.  I could get clients and retain them. It was more of the administration that I did not enjoy.  Looking back, I should have had better systems in place.  I did not know it at the time.  I went with what I was familiar with.   As time went on, I realized that I wanted to become better.  I worked at a restaurant to supplement my income and meet new people. That is the beauty of the service industry.  It is interactive and there are ample ways to meet people, discuss goals and potentially, new clients.  

I continued to grow my business and think about how to become more permanent with it.  I realized that this year was more safe than I intended to be.  I pushed boundaries but within the comfort of what I know.  I wasn't risking.   I was complacent.

Now I am considering how to build better habits.  I think I have a decent base after the last month. I have been consistent in blogging.  My Monday Motivation posts were consistent, weekly.  In the last two weeks, I have been reading more.  I see how I can benefit from small steps.  

I keep seeing repeating numbers. I believe in my situation and the person I will end up with.  This break has given me insight to work on myself which is important.  I suppose I never thought about this in the past.  

I had intended to walk today. Instead, I cleaned my house and planned for my night.  Took a leisurely lunch and am currently, chilling.  I need it.  Tonight will be long.

I hope you celebrate the conclusion of 2021.  If nothing else, reflect on things that went well.  Maybe consider how to improve your 2022. I am saddened by the news of Betty White's passing.  Still, she had a wonderful, rich life.  She made choices, helped others and there was a ton of laughter in her life.  What a way to live!

Enjoy tonight and the promise of tomorrow. Cheers to 2022~

No comments: