Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Some things to consider before heading into 2022

Recently, I found this amazing podcast.  I don't know how I have not stumbled upon it before. I am familiar with the gentleman who hosts it.  He always provides thoughtful relationship advice.  As I scrolled through available episodes, one stood out.  Questions to consider when heading into 2022.

The first question to consider was what made you feel the most happy in 2021.  He suggested using your photo app from the beginning of 2021 til the current day.  It was effective.  As I scrolled though my year, I was most happy when I was sharing things I love.  For example, there is a photo from a Detox to Retox session where I am standing next to Maghan and I look ecstatic. I can feel the happiness from the photo.  We both look happy and we make a good team.  He always inspired me to do more, aim higher and increase my effort.  It was our first happy hour and epic. Nine of my clients attended and I was thankful for their support.  I was proud of Maghan for designing a fantastic appetizer menu. We offered avocado deviled eggs, tuna poke, and a vegetable tray with hummos.  I think there was one more appetizer. I cannot remember. I just remember how blessed I felt that day.  He always provided levity to offset my chaotic energy.  (Yes, sometimes, I am a little unsettled and all over the place.  I truly want everything to be perfect.  I can be intense, lol).

There were other happy hours.  We offered new and different food and each session was a treat.  New people, different energy and opportunity to expand community.  I loved that!  The remainder of the question was how would you plan on doing more of this in 2022?  More happy hours.  New locations and expanding my client base.  I need to continue to water that aspect of my life.  Cultivate what is important to me and watch it grow.

The next question was--what took energy away from your happiness?  Hmmmm....overanalyzing.  Falling into doubt, fear, shame.  Thinking about if I was doing the right thing by venturing out on my own.  That all created a bad spot for me.  There were days when I would be in a funk.  I doubted my decision and thought about returning to the service industry since I felt more comfortable working for someone else. Ultimately, I knew that area of my life was done.  I could do it temporarily but I didn't want to work for anyone else again.   That is one of my why's.  I want to be my own boss.  It is not the easiest path and I struggle.  Yet, I am committed to staying on this path.  I think the doubts reinforce that I must focus and continue.

I learned a lesson of letting go this year.  Letting go of expectations. Making time for what is important to me.  It is okay to say no and set boundaries. It is more than okay to respect what feels right to yourself.  Not force things.  Not apologize just so someone else feels okay.  I think I recognized how much I could see both sides of situations.  Taking things personally.  Rarely does it even have to do with you.  People are consumed by their own reality and not really thinking about you or your feelings.  That was a big one.  We all address things from the scope of our own perspective.

Next year, I want to make more time to eat clean.  In the last month, I have been terrible. It is so much easier to order take out as opposed to cook at home.  I want to be more aware of what I am putting in my body.  January 2-23, I am participating in sober January.  I haven't done it in a few years but I am excited to be productive and see how my sleep improves.  I also intend to spend more time journaling and blogging. I have missed that aspect of my life.  Some of it was fear to put myself out there.  Yet, I need to be doing that to grow my business.  I was consistent with my Monday Motivations (thankfully).  I need to put myself out there a little bit more.  I think it will make a difference.

Long post.  Sorry.  There were other things to consider but I want to conclude this for now.   I can reflect on the rest later or tomorrow.  Happy Wednesday!

No comments: