Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Hump Day

Happy Wednesday!  Mid-week assessment.  How are you doing with your goals this week?  Sailing along or finding hiccups?

I decided that I wanted to take a few days off from being social.  Translation--no wine.  Monday was easy.  I felt that I wanted to enjoy a night of pure sleep.  Typically, not drinking wine or any alcohol aids in this process.  I ordered take out (which was lazy/convenient).  I considered driving to a greek spot but the weather inspired me to stay home, order take out and pay ridiculous fees for convenience.  Basically, I spent $30 on a gyros platter.  

Not the best investment but I didn't feel like changing my clothes to go out into the world.  Yesterday, I made dinner and considered drinking wine.  I had opened a bottle on Sunday night and didn't want to waste it.  However, I kept thinking about how wonderful my sleep was on Monday night. I couldn't not recreate that experience.  

I focused on doing some business things that I had postponed.  I write a newsletter, monthly, with the intention of sending it out at the beginning of the month.  Some months I am on top of that task.  Other months, like this one, I manage to get it out a week late.  I start to compose it, walk away from it and then attempt to read through it a day later.  I need to take a break from my thoughts.  If I rush the process, I find I am not happy with the end result.

And there was a lot to cover.  Upcoming yoga happy hours, winter solstice, yoga on Saturday mornings at the St. Paul and a few other random suggestions.  I use graphics to compose the newsletter and then attach it to an email.  Eventually, I will figure out how to send out the newsletter directly.  

I am on the fence with whether or not I want to send out christmas cards.  I have in the past and I love receiving them.  I feel that I have veered from this habit since I send out cards throughout the year.  I don't like being told what to do.  I am just being difficult.  Of course, I love sending christmas cards!

What does your day look like for you?  I have more yoga to teach and then a facial.  I am still trying to take care of myself in the best way that I know how.  I listened to a podcast yesterday where the guest was discussing food and health hacks.  How the body can heal itself.  They had a bunch of good suggestions and then mentioned an infrared sauna.  Intriguing.  I looked into purchasing one and there are a plethora of options.  I am leaning towards the sleeping bag options. They are inexpensive and take up less space.  

I am still looking for a book to read.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  

Enjoy your Wednesday.  Think about how you can make it great!  Cheers~

No comments: