Thursday, December 9, 2021

Thursday's question

What are those things that make me feel good while I'm doing them?

Question for today. I don't know how I feel about it. I talk about how much I enjoy traveling (almost daily) and so this sort of feels redundant.  Ironically, I posted on IG a photo of me siting in Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop in NOLA for my throwback post today.  I have been thinking about a road trip since my last conversation with Shari.  We are meeting in Florida for the annual celebration of Brian's life in 2022. It will be wonderful to celebrate there and with Sara Jo.  

The celebrations and travel started out as Shari and I, only.  Over time they have expanded to include friends, strangers and new accomplices. I think of the trip to Belize and how that created a new tangent of people and experiences. Connections that led to further friendships in Vietnam.

After talking with Shari, I felt I should consider a road trip.  I am hesitant to fly. I haven't flown since our trip to Barcelona in 2020.  For whatever reason, the opportunity to drive sounds more appealing. Maybe due to the fact that I know I could stop in a few spots to see friends and family.  I could explore regions that I typically avoid.  Namely, the South.  I could teach remotely and maybe discover more ways to improve my business.  I have found myself in a rut.  It's way too easy to return to what you know.  I enjoy the service industry but need to focus on what I am trying to achieve. Maybe a break would help me?

Teaching makes me feel great while doing it.  Seeing friends take to yoga and improve their practice.  I have become more mindful in my approach. People have different needs and wants.  In my practice, I want you to break my mind.  Over sequence and take me out of my zone. I have not found many people with that same desire.  I have learned more pre-natal, injury, breathwork and chanting. I love being exposed to all of these different approaches.

Eating food with others makes me happy.  Especially if wine is involved and we are able to enjoy the experience.  Food unites us all.  I love taking time to enjoy a meal with people in my life.  Specifically, those who make food with love. 

I could probably go on and on.  I feel very thankful today for my life.  I am about to teach an in person session followed by a lunch date.  Should be a lovely way to spend Thursday!!!

Make it great!



No comments: