Thursday, December 23, 2021

question for the day

I figured I should write another post since the last few days I have been absent.  Frantically shopping (unlikely).  More likely, trying to plan the solstice sessions and set goals for 2022.

I cannot believe that we are nearing the end of this year.  And, believe me, I am ready.  This year was challenging.  More so than 2020 from my perspective. I struggled with a funk and I suppose I needed to go through it.  I needed to lose some things in order to find myself.  I needed to figure out how to do things on my own.  

Ironically, the question I selected today--is how have I become me?  What am I like?

From necessity.  I have become more capable.  I spent the majority of my life doing what is right and working for other people.  I have benefitted from this arrangement.  The pandemic changed things for me.  No longer did I feel compelled to what I thought I was supposed to do.  Instead, I considered how I could improve my situation by working for myself.  How could I incorporate yoga into my daily life?  How could I offer it to others?

I am evolving.  Aren't we supposed to continue to grow in life?  Otherwise, you start to die or so they say.  Some days, I am productive, confident, networking and busy.  Other times, I rest, reflect, consider.  I try to remain on the productive side but sometimes, I want to rest.  I want to replenish and not get jammed up with overthinking.  Seriously, I tend to overanalyze everything.  Maybe I should meditate more.  It could help.

I try to focus on being the best version of me daily.  If I have "off" days, I can do better tomorrow.  I make it sound easier than it is.  There are days of pure struggle.  Months of feeling off.  All I can do is try.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.  The weather in Denver is unusual and not christmas like.  I am inspired to get outside and enjoy sunshine.  I love it but it is scary to think that if this continues what the summer will be like.  Summer could be awful!

No comments: