Thursday, January 20, 2022

5 weeks

I will be in Florida in five weeks. I know it will be here sooner than I am ready for...isn't that always how it works?  I have a few things arranged--rental car, airbnb in NOLA, place to stay in Dallas.  I am undecided if I will attempt the northern route to return to Colorado. It is shorter which I like but the potential of shitty weather looms.  I will not drive through Kansas if there is a possibility of sleet or snow.  It is not doable for me.  My older sister visited me in Denver once and left a little later than they originally thought.  The typical 8 hour trip turned into 17 hours, I think.  Memorable and not something that I want to repeat.

I spoke to Shari last night and she mentioned a few activities that interest her.  Paddle boarding, wine sail, body scrub. I love all of these things and I proposed yoga while paddle boarding and reflexology.  I am uncertain about our options for a body scrub. I texted Sara with the task of researching that.  I know paddle boarding is available and wine sails.  Both activities will happen.  

Each year, we continue to add another layer to our celebration. It began with celebrating Brian while feasting on incredible food. Then, we started inviting friends of mine in respective cities to join us for a memory or happy hour. This continued until Jonny Vegas hijacked our trip in Austin.  He invited himself to our celebration. Found the airbnb and set up an itinerary of bars to find.  From that trip, it opened up and we have met friends, new people and yoga.  Southeast Asia allowed us to do a ton of self-care.  I think we had 18 massages within our trip.  

Our last big adventure, Barcelona, incorporated another wine sail but this one was unique.  Our captain was insightful and reflective. Our conversation with him planted seeds for me.  It was amazing to meet this man who chose an alternative path to what people believe is the right way to live.

I am so excited for this trip.  I might regret the decision to drive to Florida while I am in the middle of it.  I don't know. I welcome that regret.  I know the benefit of this decision.  I might decide to return through Nashville.  Perhaps find some hot chicken.

It is always preferable to have options.  

No comments: