Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Wednesday musings

Happy Wednesday!  I love the midway point in the week.  Today is gloomy and inspires ramen or pho.  I might venture out to fulfill that need.  There is a great ramen spot nearby and pho is a quick drive away.  I am on the fence with it.  Should I be financially responsible or give in to my wants?

This month is slower at the restaurant.  It is truly that way for many industries.  People do sober January (as I am doing), begin resolutions, etc.  A perfect time to reflect and plan.  As noted, I joined a few groups hoping to journal more.  One was a complete dud.  I stopped listening to the instruction on day number two and rarely peruse the shared stories.  It just didn't feel like what I was looking for at this point.

The money mindset is sparking something inside me.  I participated yesterday and may today.  I hope other people are sharing. The host is offering simultaneous sessions which is a little confusing. Most of the current posting reflect the group that is further along in the process.  I wrote about unexpected money yesterday and received a good response. It sort of surprised me but I will go with it. Today, she suggests writing about being able to contribute to fundraisers or things you are passionate about and to be thankful that you are able to do it.  

In the last year, I have been able to contribute to a few fundraisers that benefit causes that are close to my heart.  I am hoping to continue that trend in 2022.  My friend, Roxanne, has a birthday on Friday and she mentioned how she would prefer donations to Big Bones or a few other rescues as opposed to receiving gifts.  I like that spirit of sharing and will honor her wishes.  

I am grateful to give back.  Especially to foundations that I believe in. Blue Bench, Planned Parenthood, etc.  My plan is to make a donation, monthly, this year. I have the ability to re-prioritize some of my financial decisions. I definitely could minimize some of my dining out I am learning. This month has shown me that if nothing else.

Perhaps, I will reflect more on being thankful to use my money for other things.  I am very thankful for this abundance.

No comments: