Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday musings

Happy Sunday!  I am becoming more adept at meal prepping and plotting out my week. I honestly cannot ever remember I time I have done this.  There has never been a reason to. I only had to fend for myself and working in restaurants minimizes groceries.  Some restaurants provide staff meals (always the best option and in theory, it does hold true.  Until you realize that some of the meals are less than desireable. Not naming names.  I will only say hot dogs were offered to me on a weekly basis at one job. And no, we did not offer this an option on the menu).  Or, discounted meals might be offered.  There is always some way to be fed while working in a restaurant.

I am reliant on take out.  Cooking for one is not simple and I do not love leftovers.  I do not mind kitchari and will eat that for a few meals.  This week, I am trying a different approach.  One that will help with accountability and decreasing the likelihood of me ordering take out.  I have already penciled in lunch dates or dinner opportunities.  There is another sober sushi date this week.  And, I am hoping to attend a celebration of life where having lunch afterwards makes sense.  Feeling domestic, I wrote up a list for groceries and meals.  We shall see how this plays out.  Do I stick with the schedule or deviate?  

Sober January has been fantastic.  I worked last night and managed to not be tempted to join in with the others.  They were enjoying Aperol Spritz and there were new wines to sample.  I abstained.  I could not justify breaking my promise to myself to see this through.  Sleep quality has improved and my productivity is off the chart.  I think day number 10 the hyper aspect turned on. I have energy that I did not know was possible.😜

I had one class this afternoon.  A slowdown Sunday which began over a year ago and has steadily gained momentum. It is a class that I look forward to and enjoy participating. Slow, marinating in poses and restorative.  Delicious.  

Slowly making progress on my upcoming road trip.  I spoke to Hailey about the possibility of seeing her and the family when I drive through.  She was gracious, generous, kind.  Made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  New Orleans is handled on the way to Florida and I set up the rental car--I think.  If there is a better rate, I may cancel my current reservation to seek out a better option.  

I am on the fence if I want to drive from NOLA to St. Petersburg or stop somewhere along the way.  Sara and I spoke today (finally) and I mentioned my quandary.  I could stop, somewhere, or drive and stay with her.  My concern is that she works Fridays. I would arrive later than anticipated so if she took the day off, it would be wasted on me.  Then, I reconsidered.  I could drive straight through and spend time with her solo which I like that prospect.  I know the trip will be epic.  Celebrations with Shari always are.  We have created amazing memories to reflect on and I know that this trip will be no different.

My experience with the webinars and other groups has been meh.  Consistently, I attended the finance webinar. The other group is just not my thing.  I am uninterested in emotionally dumping in a group where I do not know anyone. Maybe the anonymity factor should encourage comfort.  However, it leaves me cold.  Reading through other people's emotional experiences is not something that I want to consider or reflect on.  I should have researched what I was getting myself into.  

The finance webinar has a course that I am considering.  It is spendy but it will keep me honest with continuing. I will not burn out due to lack of motivation.  The cost of the course will motivate commitment.  It is the truth.  When you see the value in something, you remain invested in it.

New year.  New habits.  New desires.  Happy 2022!


No comments: