Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Day number three

Day #3 of soberish January.  Started off great.  I slept eight hours which is long for me.  Typically, I wake up around 6 but today I was up at 7:30.  It threw me off a little.  My sun salutations were delayed, time in the dry sauna and then I didn't meditate.  I was definitely off.

But, fantastic, too.  When is the last time you have slept in?  And, it was pure sleep.  No waking up at 3 a.m. to analyze my life or some of my choices.  Perhaps, I started my day a little later than normal but I was productive.  I have been consistent the last few days.  Wake up, dry sauna, sun salutations, smoothie.  I read a little of Atomic Habits before considering the rest of my day.  I had a walking date with Brie and a few other tasks that I had scheduled.  Finally looking through my gratitude jar and decluttering my coffee table.  I swear, the table is clean for a day and then overrun with letters, bills, notes, to-do lists.  It all ends up on the table.

I have a white board where I am writing down tasks for the day and month.  I had made a notation of having my newsletter written and ready by the 5th.  It is crazy that I could have tackled this before the end of December.  Instead, the task remained untouched until this afternoon.  Once I got started, it was easy.  I had less distraction and mistakes.  I remember when I first embarked on creating newsletters or other graphics.  I would get so frustrated!  Small clicks where I would delete paragraphs or make a huge mistake.  It was uncomfortable but necessary.  I realized, early on, that I could only rely on myself to complete these tasks.  Especially the graphics aspect.  Maghan would look over the work and make suggestions but he never attempted to do one himself.  He did manage to get them printed off, one time, which was great.  I still utilize the UPS store to have that task handled.  And, from my frequenting the shop, I have made a few friends and clients.

I forgot to unsubscribe from an add on to one of my streaming services.  I feel foolish that I am paying for this since I knew when the free trial ended.  I suppose that is a lesson in handling tasks when not drinking.  The upside is that I will watch a few favorite shows during my soberish January.  More reading is happening, too.  It isn't optional. I know that I benefit from it and actually have three books going on right now.  All I need is a fiction book to throw into the mix and I will be set.

Tomorrow morning will come early.  I have a sunrise yoga class to teach and prep for.  I will hopefully go to sleep while meditating.  Try out something new.

Stay healthy and happy.  

No comments: