Saturday, January 15, 2022

some frustrations associated with Saturday yoga

I love the idea of teaching yoga at a local bar.  And, the guy that agreed to open up for us is a sweet man.  He is kind, patient, considerate, younger.  The downside to him is that because he is young, he's social and enjoys going out on the weekends. He isn't a morning person which is what is required to host morning yoga.

This is the second time it's happened where I am unable to contact him.  I waited outside, texted before I headed over and than I called.  I don't want to hassle him but I sort of needed to know his ETA and so I called him a second time.  No answer.  At this point, I instruct one of my clients to drive over to my house and I call Lindsay to see if she is planning on attending.  I direct her to my house and head back to frantically, rearrange my living room, remove any items that are unnecessary and clean up. It was chaos.  Actually, I am overreacting.  It wasn't that bad.  I cleaned my house yesterday to prepare if this happened. 

We settled in and I started the zoom link.  We started with three people and about fifteen minutes later someone else joined my zoom class.  It was great!  I wanted to make sure that everyone felt important.  I was concerned about the late arrivals because two of them were new to yoga.  I didn't change my class or the routine to accommodate them since I planned the class at a power level.  And, their daughter also teaches yoga and so I knew she would be able to modify for them as needed. 

It worked for the most part.  We went a little slow.  Challenging class and I am starting to push the envelope a little. More core is added and strengthening.  I want to push myself out of the comfort zone and I am sharing that with my clients.  Why do we typically stay within the comfort zone?  It is in every facet of life, too.  We stay with what we know even if it isn't good. Or, staying with the devil you know, right?

Afterwards, the Goddess and I had coffee and caught up.  It had been too long.  I wanted to know how her holidays were and what the next few months looked like for her.  She has a lot to plan and prepare for which is exciting.

I feel that a bunch of people in my corner are making strides.  My sister is arranging a vow renewal.  My clients in California are extending their home and planning a wedding party in October.  I see some road trips in my future as a result, lol.

I believe I was planting seeds the last two years of what I was hoping to achieve and evolve in my own life.  I am seeing some of the sprouts and opportunities as a result. It is crazy that if you believe, wholeheartedly, in something, you can make it happen.  Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but with patience and belief, things can happen.  Things do happen.  

I leave today with a grateful heart.  I woke up, stretched my body, and got a little vitamin D. It is a beautiful day outside. Cheers to Saturday.  

No comments: