Wednesday, January 5, 2022

New Thai massage spot

I woke up this morning and thought about self-care.  What could I do to treat myself today?  Facial?  Pedicure?  Massage?  

I had a pedicure a few weeks ago with Lindsay.  I am not due for that service for a few weeks.  Facial was similar.  I received a facial a few weeks ago.  Three, at most.  And, I want to see if there is a big difference from not drinking wine and drinking more water.  I need to increase my water intake a little bit.  I am curious to look into that.

I thought about a massage or reflexology.  Typically, I frequent a thai place near my house.  I have been going there since 2015 and mostly enjoy it.  My last experience was not great.  My therapist stood outside of the room, chatting it up with another therapist for about six minutes after my appointment had started.  I remember, laying on the table, trying to tamp down my irritability but the more time that passed, the more pissed off I became.  There was no coming back from it.  It was a lousy 90 minutes that I could never get back.

I could arrange an appointment with another therapist there.  I thought about that.  But, it seemed too soon after the last service and if I saw the girl, I would return to that shitty state of frustration.  There is a spot even closer to my apartment which is also a thai massage place.  I have had an odd experience with them, too.  I won't go into that one. Nevertheless, I couldn't force myself to consider making an appointment there for the same reason. I left, felt justified and decided that I would not frequent their establishment. Perhaps, I felt more strong about this one.  I will eventually return to the initial place.  I have had many great experiences there.

I haven't given up yet.  I google thai massage and five spots pop up near me.  After some investigation, I determine the spot I want to check out.  They offer a combination massage--part reflexology/part back, arms, hands.  And, they have a special right now.  I text them to look into setting up an appointment.  They open at 11 am, daily, and so I waited to hear back from them.

After 11, I still haven't heard from them.  I still haven't given up.  I try to call them.  No answer.  Then, I return to the search results and call another spot.  This woman answers and from there my appointment is handled.  Maii, from Silk Thai massage, was fantastic.  Cute spot, inviting and put me at ease, immediately.  The service was great.  She was attentive and offered to do my neck and shoulders since we had time left.  I realized that this would be my new spot moving forward.  She could customize a reflexology and upper body treatment (which is truly what I was looking for).  My feet feel great and my calves are definitely not as tight.  

I love the korean body scrub but need to break up with it for a bit.  In the last four months, each time I visit, there is a new rule or regulation. I understand we are in interesting times, but they don't notify you of any of the changes when you set up the appointment.  I'm kinda over that.

It is snowing again in Denver.  We need it but I could do without the intense cold.  It feels frigid!  I thought about picking up some ramen but I am too lazy to actually leave my apartment.  And, paying a delivery fee, plus tax, and driver tip is a little ridiculous.  I think it costs almost as much for the fees as the ramen.

Staying consistent and feeling more comfortable doing it.  Next month, I will be driving to Florida.  It is going to be an epic trip!  Just need to figure out a place to crash,lol.  Enjoy your night!

No comments: