Monday, January 17, 2022

Happy Monday!

Every Monday, I post about motivation on a few platforms of social media. I do not know why I have not incorporated this into my blog.  I could expand my thoughts on the motivational aspect.  I try to keep my posts on other platforms consise so that people do not lose interest.  But, here, I could explore more of the topic if I wanted.

Hmmm....a little bit of a quandary.  My post today was about incorporating combinations to attempt exercises you do not enjoy.   Or, in my case, tend to avoid.  Yes, I am human and not everything is rainbows and sunshine all of the time. In terms of exercises I tend to avoid--lunges, for instance, by adding them to a combination, I convince myself it is manageable. I don't know how to explain it outside of being honest.  The minute Courtney instructs a lunge in TRX straps, my legs seize up.  I feel a flare up coming on which is completely unrealistic.  But, I convince myself that we should modify or change the task.  It does happen frequently.

I can remain in my comfort zone, easily.  And, then I wonder why I am not making strides in how I feel or look?  Because I am not challenging myself.  This year, I want to change that.

Combinations are a good solution.  They aid in performing more reps and feeling more comfortable.  Or, I tell myself that, lol.  Getting any movement is better than none. It all depends on what you are trying to achieve or what habit your are trying to create.  As earlier noted, I am hoping to move out of my comfort zone. I want to see progress on my journey.  I am fine with maintaining where I am at but I want more. I want to THRIVE, not only exist.

My trip to Florida is a prime example.  Of course, it would be easier to fly to Tampa, spend five days and return. I remained in the comfort of my home for the last two years.  I do not want to hibernate any longer. 

I am ready to explore more of what is out there.  Yes, this will be a long road trip.  I might really feel overwhelmed on the way back. Yet, it is providing opportnity to see friends whom I have not seen in a few years.  I arranged to see Hailey and her family on the way out and think I will see another friend on the way back.  Having a vehicle available while in Florida ensures meetups, too.  Melody may be in the area at the same time and I have a few former colleagues who now reside in Florida.  It would be a hoot to see all of them!

Be kind today and make it great!


No comments: