Tuesday, January 11, 2022

contemplation about mindset and other areas of my life

Happy Tuesday! It is a beautiful day. I woke up, refreshed and contemplating my money mindset. I think that will remain with me as I listen to the webinar. There is a bunch of useful information which I appreciate and some redundancy.  I suppose that is normal.  Offer a webinar to people and there are many people commenting, asking the same question and extending the length of the program. I think I have tapped out, consistently, at the mid way part. I can only listen to so much of the same.

I need to seriously put together my budget. In the last year, I have been forced to do this somewhat.  Monthly, I track my business expenses.  I have to.  Personally, I am aware of the majority of my expenses but allow too much flexibility in my entertainment fund.  Sober January is minimizing that but for how long?  Will I return to excess next month?  

Yes, I will.  I am trying to plan my road trip to Florida and be realistic about it.  I need to rent a car, figure out a few hotels along the way and then there is the food factor.  I believe, I will be in check until I arrive in Florida. Then excess will outweigh my sanity, lol.  I know how I enjoy traveling and spending time with friends.  Shari and I discussed cooking paella.  We both loved the squid ink paella we found in Barcelona.  I would like to make a whole meal dedicated to Spain.  Sardines, vermouth, serrano--all of this sounds incredible. Oh, and olives.  How could I forget olives???

I looked into utilizing my points for the rental car.  However, it appears that I will be forced to pick up from the airport locations.  This is not ideal.  All of the add-on taxes. Not to mention getting to the airport is inconvenient.  I know there is a better solution.

I met Brie for our weekly walk around City Park.  It is something that I look forward to and often, we add, lunch at the end.  Since it is sober January, we are trying sober sushi.  More manageable than heading into Cherry Creek and attempting lunch at one of my favorite spots without wine.  I still feel great and committed to what I am doing.  Moreover, it is aiding me in establishing benchmarks for habits.  Consistently, I have been waking up on my own, doing 10-15 sun salutations and then enjoying my infrared sauna.  This has been consistent since the start of January.  I have increased my water intake and read daily.  This is all helping me with productivity and doing more.  

I saw a post on IG about ridding yourself of things that are no longer serving you--holes with socks, books you will haven't or will never read, clothes that you have not worn in months or years, etc. and to do this daily.  Last week, I de-cluttered my coffee table.  It was piled high with bills, cards, receipts.  I finally sorted through the clutter and shredded any document with information that I did not want out there and threw the rest away.  I felt like a weight had been lifted.  Cleaner energy.  I should probably sage my place, too.

I have minimized some of my clothing in the past six months but I could be more diligent and honest.  I have been living in yoga attire and sports bras.  I honestly, do not remember wearing a traditional bra in the last two years.  Maybe a little too much information--sorry--just looking at how I have been living and choices I am making.  Do I feel lighter? More capable?  On the right path?  All things to consider.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.  What is something that you can let go of to make space for something new?

No comments: