Friday, January 7, 2022

Ratios

I figured out New Orleans rental situation. I ended up choosing the spot near Tulane. I loved the idea of the spot near the Marigny but she tacked on multiple fees which seemed silly.  I wanted a place that was straightforward.  

Shari found our spot in Florida.  It looks great.  A little residential but with fantastic amenities.  If I were younger, I might want more of a nightlife.  But, I prefer day drinking and so this will be perfect.  

Today was productive.  I saw my trainer and taught three classes.  My trainer brought it!  She changed up the TRX and it was fantastic.  I am going to feel it tomorrow.  

I walked to the store, paid some taxes and considered more of my trip.  I keep returning to being gone two weeks. Why? Typically, I work on the weekends and so if I extend my trip, what does it matter?  I should enjoy the drive, seeing people and exploring new areas.  I might stop in Austin on my way back.  I really have no idea what I want to focus on.  I have time to think about it.

Ironically, I listened to my new favorite podcast today and the host discussed thinking versus doing.  He asked what I think my ratio is.  I think probably 80% cognitive and 20% action.  He suggested flipping the ratio and aligning it more with a 30% thinking, 70% action. Even mentioned that it would be difficult to do and that you might push back. For sure, I see that.  I like analyzing things to death, lol. But, I would be more productive if I changed my mindset.  Maybe more 60.40?

He brought up another good point--efficient versus effective.  Sure, I have had many efficient (or productive as I like to say) days.  But, have they been effective?  I need to push for more effective days and not settle for efficiency.  I am very good at that.

My white board is helping and I need to add to the vision side of it.  It's all a work in progress.  And more than I have done in the past.  Keep moving forward, learning and being genuine.


No comments: