Thursday, January 27, 2022

Thankful Thursday

More snow...as much as we need it, it is motivating another hibernation day.  I woke up at 4:40 this morning. So far, I have meditated, done sun salutations, did a few social media posts.  Next, I will tackle reading and study guides.  My seminar is at noon.  My ratio of productivity to distraction is about 30/70. Not great by any means.  I thought about dancing to increase energy, walking to the market *epic fail* or practicing yoga.  I have done none of the above. I did attempt to walk to a nearby market. I made it a block, looked at the roads and decided that driving to another market made more sense.  The latter market had ginger and turmeric which I needed.

I am fortunate to be able to choose to hibernate indoors. I am safe, warm and have electricity.  I just realized how negative I was sounding.  Bitching about needs that make my life better and that I take for granted.  I am blessed.

It is Thursday.  Back in my early days of blogging, I would do a thankful Thursday post.  I wonder why I stopped posting about it.  I have much to be thankful for.  I was more reflective in my throwback post.  I have been thinking more about places I have traveled recently.  I think I am nostalgic for traveling. 

I know that I am.  It is something that defines me.  I run into people and they are like--where have you traveled recently?  I see your posts and know this is essential to you.  It has been the Sahara Desert in travel for me.  It's been nonexistent outside of a handful of road trips to Santa Fe and Kansas.  Those have been great but not enough.

My trip to Florida is evolving.  My way there is pretty set in stone.  Stop in Dallas, NOLA, and then St. Petersburg.  The way back I thought about taking the northern route.  It might be nice.  Then, my friend, Melody, mentioned that she would also be in Florida visiting her brother.  I was trying to coordinate with her.  Then, she mentioned that it might be easier to fly into Florida instead of driving.  I thnk she will fly into Tampa, meet us and then I will drive her to Orlando or somewhere along the way when I head out of Florida.  Due to that, I think I will probably stop in Pensacola on the way west.  

From Pensacola, it's about 11-12 hours to Dallas.  I have my stop in Dallas situated.  Then, I am conflicted.  I could drive to Amarillo and make my way to Denver or head north and drive through Kansas.  The appeal of Kansas is that I could see the Littles!  

Weather is an issue and it would be a quick visit. Two weeks on the road will motivate a return to reset, clean and configure.  I know that I can teach remotely and I intend to.  I hope to create more opportunities to meet more people and share yoga with them.

I am listening to day #3 of the webinar.  My interest is waning today.  Multi-tasking at its best.  I have more reading to look forward to and some strategizing.  Snow days inspire either watching movies, reading or being productive.  Being productive in that I should be reading some of the books I have stacked in my apartment.

Moreover, the end of January is in four days.  What have I learned this month?  What lesson do I want to take from it?  How do I want to begin February?  That is something I am considering.  I enjoy social drinking.  I always have.  This month has illustrated that I can be more productive by waking up earlier.  I think I want to continue to be moderate. Plan days off from drinking and explore some boundaries.  

I am thankful and have more to reflect on. How can I serve others more?

No comments: