Monday, January 17, 2022

working on habits

Productive day and easy going night.  I plan on being in bed by 10 pm.  The last few days, I have went to bed later and I am struggling to be up by 6 a.m.  That is my happy medium. If I wake up after 7, I feel rushed. I skipped my sun salutations this morning.  My first yoga class was at 9 am and I wanted to have coffee, make my smoothie, shower and be ready to go.  Doing the salutations would extend my needs and decrease opportunity to enjoy my smoothie.  I made sure to do the majority of the class with my student this morning.  Typically, I do a few salutations and observe the student.  When I started teaching virtually, I did every sun salutation.  Eventually, it became too much.

Returning to the main idea, being in bed at an earlier hour. It was inspired from the book I am reading about forming habits. I want to try it out and see if I can wake up, naturally, at an earlier hour.  That way, I can see how productive I can be.  Sun salutations, meditation, infrared dry sauna--all before 7 a.m.  

In addition, I am shutting down my phone, earlier and earlier, nightly.  It seems to help limit distractions.  I want to try out new things and see how they help me.  The best outcome of sober January is forming new habits, trying out new things and productivity overall.  I have been spending more time planning for the future.  I know that I will jump off the sober wagon on 2/2/2022.  How can anyone pass up that opportunity to celebrate the special day?  I asked Roxie to meet for lunch or happy hour to celebrate her birthday.  Her birthday is this week and since it is still in January, I am not imbibing.

After celebrating 2/2/2022, I think I will moderate my socializing.  I am deciding if I want to take weeks off and only enjoy on the weekends or some other sort of arrangement.  Of course, the end of February, I will be in Florida with Sara Jo and Shari.  I will be enjoying wine and a good amount of it.  We are making paella and other tapas to commemorate Barcelona.  In 2020, pre-Pandemic, I traveled to Santa Fe in January and then Barcelona in February.  That is the last time that I have flown.  I am just not that interested in flying right now.

Sara Jo and I spoke yesterday and she asked me--wouldn't it be cheaper to fly to Tampa?  Yes, it would.  But, I like the idea of taking time for myself to see the country.  I will teach remotely and maybe take classes while in Nola or Florida.  I want some sort of adventure!  

2022 will all be about the road trip.  Florida in March, Kansas in June and California in October.  I believe there will be a few trips to Santa Fe (there always are) and maybe an unknown trip.  Who knows?  This is a new year.  I am open to anything.

Enjoy your night!  I hope you have a wonderful night of sleep.

No comments: