Thursday, January 13, 2022

Too many groups, not enough time (or interest)

I think I got a little too excited about signing up for things. The webinar.  Goddess anti-resolution training and another money mindset challenge. The latter two encourage signing up for their social media groups to share your insight.  Day number one was fine and I was excited!

Day two, well, I think I bit off more than I can chew.  The webinar is something I have faithfully attended.  This morning I gave into distraction and cut out early.  The topic was dealing with debt which did not really interest me.  I am looking forward to the session tomorrow.  They are discussing investing and trading.  I have enjoyed the seminar.  She has shared graphs, worksheets and other valuable information.  The anti-resolution training seemed like a good idea.  The first day was insightful and a great opportunity for me to reflect.  Today was less enticing to me.  I joined the group to see how other people were reacting and it does not feel like the right fit for me.  Maybe I will give it another day or two.  I don't know what I thought it would be or why I am not that into it.  

The final mindset group I looked into is more my speed in terms of sharing but I don't know if it is too simplistic.  Again, I don't know.  Maybe I should have focused on the webinar and let everything else go.  I have teaching, planning and other admin stuff to attend to.  I didn't feel that motivated to do the journal entries this afternoon. 

Instead, I listened to a recording of a reading I had done in September.  Now and again, I choose to have a reading done based on my chart.  I have a friend who is a medium in Santa Fe.  She did a reading for me in 2015 after I met her while mistakenly attending her yoga class.  Long story.

This reading was positive as she discussed all of the retrogrades.  She told me I should seek out my purpose and share it with others.  We talked about communication and taking space for myself to work on me.  Ironically, that is the space I have been in since September.  Working on myself.  

In considering the anti-resolution group, I am a combination of all of those things.  I fight, flee, freeze and fawn.  Probably freeze the most.  I think this applies to everyone. Based on the situation, we respond to what the situation needs. They were promoting compassion today which is kind and delving more into the topic.  I sort of lost interest.

Tomorrow is a big day!  Multiple classes, final day of the seminar, admin stuff, phone calls and continuing my month of sobriety.  It has been a great time to rehydrate, replenish and reflect.

No comments: