Monday, August 15, 2022

Some agreements

Be authentic with who you are and where you want to be.  It is easy to become complacent and okay with where things stand if you allow them to.  Or, you can choose to strive for more than a mediocre existence.  

I suppose I am waxing nostalgic as I am trying to decide which path I want to be on.  I know that I am dedicated to being an entrepreneur even when it feels that I am on an uphill battle.  Maybe not battle.  That seems too strong of a word.  It is challenging to continue on this path as it is lonely.  Sometimes, strangers seem more supportive than friends and family.  And, as much as people are supportive and excited for my ideas, events remain inconsistent and small.  I feel that I am doing something unique and I love teaching.  I remind myself of that often.  There are tasks that I do not enjoy or even like.  I force myself to do them at the last possible moment. I still have some admin to attend to from June.  I must get better about those tasks.  

In other areas, I am improving and continuing to learn.  I like creating graphics.  At first, they were intimidating.  It took me forever to compose a newsletter or flier and I was terrified of deleting all of the content.  Terrified.  I would focus only on that task and refused to multi-task or stream shows in the background.  

Now, I feel comfortable and not afraid of starting over.  I think following other people or familiarizing myself with brands that looked popping, helped inspire me to have clean branding.  I stopped by the happy hour yoga spot and thanked them, again, for their attention to detail.  I appreciate their branding and know that it has helped me on my own journey.  I want my fliers to make sense and supply all of the relevant information that I am trying to get across.

There was a reason that I wanted to embark on this.  I know that I can do it.  Keep it moving forward.  Any interaction can be an opportunity to learn and benefit.  That has been the lesson of the last few months.  And, how important it is to be consistent.  That has been a cornerstone of my teachings since I embarked on this.  This path that continues to shine, engage and be unconventional.  That is my why.  Remain on the unconventional path.  I want to prove it is achievable.

No comments: