Happy Thursday, aka thankful Thursday. Or there used to be a blogger that I followed that always shared a thankful Thursday post. I attempted to do it for a while. I believe I was better about it years ago. Some habits do not stick.
Do you ever find yourself doing that? Discarding habits that took twenty-one days to set up. Finally settling into the routine only to find that after some time the habit did not stick? For example, I had been trying to do hip openers every morning. I had been experiencing some tight tendons and some disability sleeping due to hip pain. All of the joys of getting older and experiencing the change. I did a little research and found that I could incorporate a few hip stretches to help minimize the pain. Yogi squat, frog and then rolling out my hip flexors. Daily I would get up and begin with the yogi squat. It definitely helps but then I shifted my focus to the daily walks. With the fires popping up everywhere, I try to walk earlier in the day since the heat is not as bad. Still, my eyes burn and my allergies have kicked up. I might have to shift my focus again to avoid the outdoor heat.
It is important to express gratitude for things in your life. I am thankful for my shelter, my car, my community. Even the multiple gigs that I am doing to supplement my income. I wish there was a little more consistency at times. However, because I am committed to my dream of being my own boss/business owner, I appreciate these side gigs. There is flexibility and some overlap. I run into former colleagues, customers and current colleagues. I ran into one of the gals from the contract service on Saturday. She brought me a plate of food since I was bartending, and she was helping with food prep. It was so kind and made the others jealous. I did share some of the food with one of my co-workers. And I offered Diana a soda as a way to say thank you. I think that is the organic way we all coexist in the service industry. Caterers offer food to the bartenders. Bartenders offer beverages. It is the way the service.
I continue to consider things that I can personally do to feel like I am making things better in my community. Today, for example, instead of ignoring the kiosk with the guys with a petition, I listened to what they had to say. Typically, I rush past as I am in a hurry to achieve my next task. Today, I signed the petition to help elect another board member to the city council. We all need to do something to minimize the damage that is currently being done to us as citizens. We are in this together and will get out of it together.
Finding joy is essential. I want to reiterate that. Finding joy, laughing, spending time with loved ones. Have gratitude for the simplicity of smiling, of walking around a park, sipping a beverage.
Have gratitude for yourself, your life, your community.
No comments:
Post a Comment