Saturday, July 1, 2017

new month and current likes

Hello, July!  What a month this will be...more reading, TRX training and some travel.  I might be able to maneuver another road trip at some point.  Definitely heading to the Midwest next week to see family.  It was inspired by a memorial that I had hoped to attend.  I wanted to be able to do it in the proper fashion which meant that I would need to take an additional day off from work.  Also, that I would arrange a brief stay with my dad in Omaha and my sister in Kansas. 
I reached out to my friend, Jennifer, in ABQ to see if she was making the journey back for the memorial.  She told me that she was flying into KC for 36 hours or thereabouts.  After confirming with my sister that she would be in town, I decided to commit to the trip.  From there, I sought out a college friend that lives in Lawrence to see if she would be interested in meeting me for lunch when I drive thru.  Everything is falling into place and, I believe, it will be a great quick trip.  I wish I had more time to see my friend, Carol, who is in Lindsborg.  My return to Denver on Sunday will be early and without much flexibility for time.  I work at 3 that day and must be back ready to work.
The personal training is going well.  I like my trainer.  She pushes me to do more and make mindful choices.  I can hear her voice in my head when I am considering eating more cheese, lol.  I want to be consistent with my training and think that three sessions a month are adequate.  I have been teaching more yoga and will increase the frequency and students.  My friend, Danielle, is interested in meeting me for two sessions a week.  We celebrated our practice by dining at Fruition last night.  What a treat!  It's been awhile since I have last dined there.  Mostly since there are so many new places that I had wanted to check out.  Danielle and I both live near 6th St and so it seemed like a great choice.  We wanted wine and a great meal and both needs were met.  Danielle is a vegan and so going to Luca seemed out of place and the other spot, I mentioned, was too casual.  The wine list is decent but I knew that the food was not what either of us would want. 
Our server was great.  Very attentive and able to guide us to a lovely meal.  The chef created a lovely vegan meal for Danny.  The only drawback to the restaurant is the lack of bar or waiting space. I would have loved to have had some bubbles or a cocktail while waiting for our table.  Not a huge deal.
I have been reading more and love it.  Currently, I seem to enjoy reading about family dynamics.  The Nest was interesting and thought provoking.  I enjoyed my stint with narcissism by reading Harmony.  And, I have read quite a few John Irving books in the last few months.  Hilarious and always interesting.  I have another one to read but want to take a break from his style for a bit.  In the meantime, I have two books to enjoy and several more on hold at the library.
I'm still open to suggestions for my birthday.  I am tempted to go to wine and Chile and it is on my birthday week.  I looked at rentals and the rates are good and I know that I would enjoy the festival again.  But, do I want to spend my time there or go elsewhere?  I am still on the fence with it.  I could definitely enjoy a three day trip to San Diego.  Or a yoga inspired trip to Phoenix. I still have some time before committing to anything.
Yoga, healthy eating and reading will be my focus this summer.  I like that it is something different and thought provoking.  I spend too much time watching tv and prefer expanding my reading base.  Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!  I am off to a yoga class.  Hoping this girl incorporates more astanga in her practice today.

No comments: