Friday, January 27, 2023

Late Thankful Thursday post

Late since I was driving back to Denver.  My day began with a few yoga classes conducted via zoom.  A delicious breakfast burrito purchased at El Chile Toreado.  Such a wonderful breakfast burrito.  

On my last few visits to Santa Fe, I have been attempting to find the ultimate burrito.  Breakfast, specifically.  I love Counter Culture's burrito.  Or I am finding it used to be my favorite.  Tom loves the burrito at Santa Fe Baking Company.  It is ok.  Not my favorite.  Alicia's is fantastic.  The eggs were so fresh but I could have used more green chile.  The green chile at El Toreado is spectacular. I would but quarts of it to eat with chips.  It is fantastic. 

I think I like components of each of the burritos.  The green chile from El Toreado, I do enjoy modifying the breakfast burrito from Counter Culture.  I guess if I am going to inhale those calories, I want to make sure I love the burrito.  

I drove back to Denver.  Uneventful drive until I made it to the Springs.  At which point, it bottlenecked and became a parking lot.  I think I will manage to leave earlier next time to avoid this frustration.  The drive from Monument to Denver was relatively quick.  I hit rush hour in Denver when I arrived and headed to a local Italian spot for take out.  I was thankful for the easy drive and arriving in Denver while it was still light out.  Then, I spoke to my sister, Jade, for about an hour which was great to catch up. Sometimes, I know that she screens her calls.  Likewise, I do at ttimes based on what i have going on.  Talking with Jade, typically, is an hour plus conversation.  I felt very thankful that we were able to take the time to chat yesterday.

I am thankful for my health.  Yoga has been terrific this week.   A few new clients and opportunities to sequence, slow it down and introduce breathwork.  I love it!

I am grateful for kindness and acknowledging the beauty of other cultures.  Growing up, we were exposed to ethnic food.  My parents, both, encouraged us to try new foods.  For example, going to Beijing's Chinese restaurant in Kansas, we were discouraged to all get the sweet and sour chicken.  They forced us to share and try new things.  I am so thankful for my adventurous appetite.  

Tom and I found a new spot in Santa Fe.  Dumpling Cafe.  The atmosphere is lacking but the dumplings were insane.  So fresh and flavorful.  We also ordered what I thought would be a sushi roll.  When we returned to his house to eat (as noted, the atmosphere was lacking.  Translation--no alcohol), we were surprised to find a sticky rice cake.  It had ham in it.  Interesting.  I wouldn't have chosen that particular dish to try in all honesty.  I wanted the sushi roll!

Be thankful.  Be generous.  Be kind.  Mostly, stop to listen and enjoy what others are saying without thinking of your response.  

This weekend might be difficult.  Try to focus on healing, on understanding and love.  Radiate from the higher frequencies and thrive.

No comments: