Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Upcoming Detox to Retox Yoga Session


Next Tuesday.  6 pm.  Join me for a mixed level flow for a sixty-minute session.  Followed by light snacks--I see a Mediterranean dip making an appearance--and wine and tequila.  

The beauty of this experience is that it combines movement, breathwork and then the opportunity to build community.  Recently, I spoke with a new friend in Denver about her thoughts on yoga in Denver (specifically).  Every city that I have practiced in offers a unique style of yoga.  In Phoenix (which I loved) it was power driven.  Santa Fe more spiritual.  I stumbled upon an amazing studio in Minneapolis which I had not anticipated.  I have enjoyed yoga in multiple cities in Texas, Nashville, D.C. and abroad.  For the most part I have been very happy with what I have experienced.  I always loved the community in Phoenix.  

There are studios in Denver that were more spiritual and others that were more donation based.  And then there is a huge franchise of studios that is available in Colorado and other states.  I like there is an array of studios available.  Yet, the community feels a little fractured.  I have not actually attended a studio since the pandemic.  One of the studios that I did attend often has decreased the yoga presence.  They no longer have an audience since the pandemic.

This woman mentioned that she had yet to find a studio to call home in Denver.  I invited her to my Saturday morning city park session, and she came.  It was awesome!  Afterwards she thanked me for including her and introducing my community.

Community is something we all are hoping to build.  That truly what teaching yoga is to me.  Sharing my love of yoga and connecting people.  I love it.

Please consider joining Tuesday!  My email is available on the flier.  It is a fun yoga event.  

No comments: