Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Currently

Being domestic and chilling in Santa Fe.  It always takes me a minute to settle in and vibe.  I don't think I can help myself.  I need that chile fix.  Oh, and a margarita before taking on what it means to be in Santa Fe.  

This time around, I had arranged multiple donation-based classes.  To my dismay, I had to cancel Monday (rain).  Tuesday was not as promoted as I would have liked (something I can improve on) and this morning, I chose to focus on the positive.  School is starting.  People have plans.  It is Indian Market.  I can be consistent.  I cannot be negative.  

Virtual classes have been encouraging.  Always something I rely on.  And I reach people from all over the States.  It isn't a regional thing.  I have met people who I vibe with and choose to do yoga with me. I must pursue more of that and stop limiting myself.  Stop feeling from a survival mindset.  I know better than this.  

Sometimes, it is difficult to break out of those known worldviews.  I grew up hearing---money doesn't grow on trees.  Or only buy it if you can purchase it with cash.

Looking back, I could have better credit and points had I paid with my credit card.  Unfortunately, I have the neverending playlist of my dad in my head.... don't do it, if you can't pay with cash.  I think of how many trips I could have paid with (at least partially) with points had I paid with my credit card.  Let your money make money for you.

Yet, I had the midwestern belief.  I could not really avoid it in all honesty.  My parents were the voice of reason and what I listened to even as a young adult.  Now, I know different.  And I hope my nieces/nephews opt to find their own path.  Build their wealth.  Invest in their futures.  We should teach finance in schools.  We should teach how to manage your money in schools.  And yes, we should teach changing a tire in schools.  Why are we less able to take care of ourselves?

Think about that while you enjoy your afternoon coffee or tea.  Be present and make choices that improve your life.

No comments: