Monday, January 19, 2015

Thoughts to begin the week.....

Happy Monday!
It's a new week and one full of ideas.  First, I want to send some love to friends in Denver who recently suffered a loss.  Life can be hard, challenging, disappointing.  We don't always understand people's choices or decisions.  All we can do is breathe, listen and love.  I am sending Sue lots of love and understanding.  
On Wednesday, I am entertaining at my house for the second time.  Hopefully, this goes over better than the first.  Remember?  I made dinner for a friend and it went south almost immediately.  This guy freaked out and I couldn't eat due to how shocked I was to his reaction.  Long story and very odd.
This time, I am hosting two of my co-workers with wine and appetizers at my place.  We collaborated on this idea a couple of weeks ago.  I suggested my place as I have been wanting to entertain.  And, I  told them that I would supply the wine.   Our focus is Italian wines and I believe, Josh, (my friend that is a sous chef) will provide some food.  I must figure that aspect out tonight.  Otherwise, I will be figuring out what to serve to accompany the wines.  I think a prosecco, barbera and nebbiolo will be a great way to showcase the country.  Sure there are many ways to represent Italy.  It is a fantastic wine country.  I have been in a nebbiolo kick and so that definitely has to be one of the wines.  I like the idea of beginning with bubbly.  We could do another white instead of two reds.  Maybe I will choose this path depending on what we will be eating.  
Nonetheless, I know it will work itself out and be a great night.  In terms of physical health, I hope to incorporate more yoga at home as opposed to attending studios.  I have become agitated at the majority of yoga studios here due to boredom and bad music selection.  I cannot force myself to go to another class unless these conditions improve. I will be heading to Phoenix to attend another yoga specific holiday.  I found great tickets.  I think, why not, seize the day?  What is stopping me?  I miss the community in Phoenix and have the time to practice.  Plus the weather is great and it is either do yoga or drink wine in Santa Fe on my days off.  I am all for that, too.  Not going to lie.  However, I want to be proactive and focus on my health.  
I made reservations for dinner in Austin.  Ironically, we are dining at a restaurant that is old school Austin and a friend of mine will serve us.  I love that aspect of it the most.  I had considered a few dining options and had committed to one place.  Their reservation policy deems reservations one month out which gave me time to think of other options.  There are some high school friends that I might see while in Austin, too.  
Over the weekend, I contemplated meeting some of my high school friends in Las Vegas this summer.  I am fairly certain that there have been no plans made to celebrate the next milestone reunion.  My class is lame.  So, I threw it out there to a select few that maybe we should meet in Las Vegas.  I think that would be an ideal spot to meet.  I mean, there are tons of possibilities. Shopping, musicals, gambling, dining.  I am not a big shopper but some of the girls are and we could at least experience a weekend together and take the time to vacay.  I can see a show and check out foodie spots.  I know that that is the attraction for me.  There has been a mostly positive response for it and I hope that it can happen.
So, I have upcoming travel, health and work.  I am in a good place and know that there is more to come.  Enjoy your Monday and rest of the week~ 

No comments: