Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday delights

Day off translates to yoga, boozy lunch and homemade dinner.  My friend that I am living with takes very good care of me.  Always insisting that I eat.  He always asks if I have eaten and if I have not, he shares what he is eating or makes me something.
I am spoiled.  I know.  Last night, he made tenderloin, roasted potatoes, asparagus and mushrooms.  I had a few bites of steak and focused mainly on the sides.  I had thrown together a salad before picking him up.  As we enjoyed our meal, I decided I should make him dinner for a change.  And not my default dinner of salad.  I have done that a few times.  Imagine his dismay when he is presented greens as dinner when he goes all out in that department.  It's not that I can't cook or feel uncomfortable in a kitchen.  Neither of these things are true.  I choose to dine out or make simple fare.  It has always been my way.  I think since I have worked in restaurants the majority of my life I rarely have a full refrigerator.  I tend to go to the market often to pick up items that I will need to make for a meal.  I don't plan meals on a weekly basis.
So, tonight I will make cheese enchiladas, margaritas and guacamole.  Instead of buying a store bought enchilada sauce, I am making my own.  Of course, my friend is hesitant about this.  He inferred that he would dine at work to avoid my kitchen efforts.  I told him I would buy pizza or middle eastern if the enchiladas were a disaster.
I took a break from yoga and found some difficulty in returning. I haven't felt the need to go yet I missed it desperately.  Unmotivated, I wallowed in my inability to choose a studio.  Finally, I decided to check out another introductory offer at a studio.  The manager was welcoming, informative and overall, I like the vibe of the place. It's a heated studio with power vinyasa and they have music to accompany the classes.  Or so I thought.  Today's class did not have music and the instructor had the DJ voice.  He was annoying and I need to make sure that I skip his classes in the future. 
I met Jenn for lunch and a catch up session.  We have been unable to connect for about six weeks due to schedules and travel.  She is a busy gal with an ever changing work schedule.  Thankfully, we were able to meet for a quick bite and some mimosas.  I dropped her off at her house and went grocery shopping for my dinner.  I figure I can wait a bit longer before starting the enchilada sauce.  I should probably take my contacts out to avoid touching my eyes later with any chiles. 
If the enchiladas don't work, I suppose pizza is the solution. 

No comments: