Wednesday, December 19, 2018

ramen, podcasts and yoga

I did find ramen and it was delicious!  I attended a noon yoga class and decided to find food afterwards.  Initially, I toyed with the idea of being healthy and preparing something at my house.  I have eggs, tortillas, soup and a few other stapled.  Yet, the idea of savory ramen lingered and I was unable to quash that craving.
Of course, I wanted a beer to accompany it.  The normal girl that waits on me was not working yesterday.  The ramen was amazing as usual.  Pork, scallions, udon noodles and ginger.  I added a fair amount of the hot sauce and it all worked well.  There is something enticing about ramen.  I wish I had discovered it years ago.  I think I was insecure about my chop stick capability in the past.  I am now more confident in working with them (finally).  I see more ramen in my future.
I returned home and tried to digest my ramen so that I would be able to teach yoga in three hours.  It is not ideal to teach or practice on a full stomach.  I drank water and continued to listen to the podcasts.  I am intrigued by the topics that are considered and discussed.  I began listening to the Dirty John series.  That was nuts!  I have been watching the series on Bravo but listening to the podcast is more revealing and shocking.  The details of this conman's ability to integrate himself into these women's lives is remarkable.  How he manipulates and isolates each woman is scary.  I started listening to an after the series and there were more women that came forward and had other stories of deception, betrayal and fear.  It was crazy!
I taught yoga to my regular clients and afterwards, we drank wine and ate crudité.  Lovely way to end a Tuesday and consider how to expand my practice for 2019.  The ladies had a few ideas and have continued to encourage and support me which I appreciate.  We concluded the evening and I returned home to make dinner.  Squid ink pasta with tomatoes, garlic and tuna.  I received a cookbook while in college that remains in my rotation of use.  The pasta recipe is one that I have altered and reused many, many times.  I should thank my friend, Jean, again, for that practical gift that continues to thrive in my house.
All, in all, it was a peaceful day.  Today, I will be treat myself to a thai massage and perhaps do a little accounting.  Or organizing.  It remains to be seen.  I am excited about the massage, of course, and know that it is much needed.  I have some shopping to attend to and should go to the market.  The next few days will be full of work and productivity.  I do have an eye appointment on Saturday and that will conclude my health driven  goals of the year.  Oh the joys of being an adult.
Enjoy your Wednesday!


No comments: