Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Hump Day

Waking up to snow is a mixed bag for me.  I know that we need the moisture but I still don't embrace it. I fear what this means for spring and summer. It could be awful.  If it is a summer of heat, I will be utilizing my a/c unit in spite of what my landlord thinks.  People cannot sleep when it is triple digits.  It is unpleasant!

The sun inspires me to attempt to go outside.  Yesterday was pure hibernation.  I didn't put in my contacts.  I did not feel like it. My day was productive.  Lots of reading, some writing, listening to inspiring webinars and doing homework from the seminar.  They wanted us to go online, live, and answer a few questions.  I decided to try it out and the only criteria I wanted was my metal butterfly in the shot.  I was unconcerned about having my hair styled, make up on or an attractive outfit.  I felt genuine doing it, at all.

Today, I looked through some of the videos.  These people looked like they took time to glam up for their live shot.  I thought this was about being present, authentic and real.  It almost feels like some people are hoping to connect without utilizing an online dating service.  I don't feel like this is an exaggeration. I am going to continue what feels right to me and ignore the bells and whistles of some of it.  

The takeaway from the initial day is that I truly want to do be doing more in my life.  Thriving, not existing.  What this means is doing more and being unconcerned with how it will happen.  I look back on the last two years and am regretful that I did not choose to travel more.  I had the time.  I had the finances.  I withered at home in fear of things I didn't know or understand.  This year, I am not doing that.

Road trip next month. It will be an epic meet up full of health, vermouth and tasting life.  I think I can find a better rental car rate which will free up some stress to focus on enjoyment.  This month will fly by and I will be heading east before I know it.

Sober January is concluding. What have I learned?  That is something I can achieve and feel good about. I feel better, physically and mentally--lots of clarity.  Cooking at home is developing with more ease.  I am more creative with my smoothies.  This morning I tried blueberry, banana, spinach, oats, oat milk, cinnamon and maca.  Filling and delicious.  My life is good and I can make improvements in my mindset but for the most part, I have been fortunate.  I am grateful for all of my experiences that have shaped and molded me into who I am now.  Maybe getting glammed up isn't for me.  Nor am I looking at the group as a way to find a relationship. Truly, I want to see if it will provide tools for shifting my outlook on life.  Take it for what it is and leave the rest alone.

Take five minutes and reflect on where you are in your journey.  Think about one way to change your current situation.  Meditate on it.  Then, do it.

Happy Hump Day.  May you find peace and tranquility.🙏

No comments: