Monday, January 3, 2022

Reflections

Happy 2022!  I feel like today is the first day of it.  I was finally semi-productive.  Paid rent.  That is always a task that has to be handled.  It snowed in Denver on Friday night which sort of extended the holidays.  I woke up on Saturday morning with the intention of teaching a class at my apartment.  The snow inspired me to stay in bed and postpone greeting the new year.  I was receiving text messages around 6:30 inquiring if we were doing a group session.  Meanwhile, I was getting texts from a co-worked asking about the scheduled cleaning party.  She was in Ft. Collins and said the roads were shitty.

I rescheduled the yoga session for Sunday and made breakfast.  Champagne with grapefruit.  Always a good way to begin the year.  Etoile is my sparkling of choice.  I found it in 2006 while touring Napa Valley.

It was a blah sort of start.  Crappy weather, cold, dreary.  The cleaning party was brief.  I think we all knew it seemed ridiculous that a fraction of the staff showed up to be accountable. No kitchen staff and a few of the other servers were held up--weather and otherwise.  I was thankful it was quick and painless.  I returned home and contemplated my next move.  January represented three weeks of not drinking.  My last day to imbibe was Saturday.  I could finish the etoile and continue with other bubbles.  I didn't think there were other stores open and I was too lazy to look too hard into it.  I settled for what I had available and made the most of it.  

I forgot to address another one of the podcast questions. What is my favorite way to refuel?  Of course, I love self- care and am a huge proponent of it.  Pedicures, reflexology, body scrubs come to mind.  I also enjoy tarot cards, journaling, looking at inspirational quotes to be motivated to do something different.  I wish I had a bath tub.  That would be an improvement in daily self-care.  I love where I live and have been in this space five years.  Is it time to move on?  Check out a different location of the city or even move somewhere new?  I had a dream of Montana last night.  Hmmm....could I withstand the winters?

I intend to focus on creating new habits and being better every day.  2020 imploded what I thought I knew of life, 2021 illustrated more pivoting/adapting/building and 2022 will see some of that to fruition.  With self-care and renourishing included.  I want to do more.

Today is the first day.  Continue to be consistent and grow.

No comments: