Tuesday, January 18, 2022

ramblings

Gloomy and productive day.   I tried the experiment of turning everything off and being in bed by 10 pm.  I woke up at 3:30, a little confused. I knew that I had overslept but could not place what time it was.  Eventually, I fell back asleep and made myself get up around 6:40.  Better effort but still I hope to improve.

I did my sun salutations (yay!) and finished in the infrared dry sauna.  It is something that I have been enjoying daily.  It is helping my overall skin but I am not seeing the detoxing effects it claims. Maybe I don't stay in it long enough.  And, I wish it were more intense heat.  80 degrees the entire time.  

My annual eye appointment was this morning.  I considered changing optometrists since my guy retired.  I had seen this optometrist since 2003.  A little kooky but I liked him.  I was saddened by the information that he retired when the pandemic started.  For about a year and a half, prior, he had been semi-tired.  Basically, he wasn't taking any new clients on which didn't affect me.  After considering my options, I chose to check out their new guy.  Mostly, because they have everything I have ever done on file.  I wouldn't have to re-introduce myself too much.   The exam went well--shorter than I remembered.  And, no major changes with my eye sight.  I am surprised.  I keep thinking they are going to demand that I purchase readers.  Not yet, lol.  The former eye doctor kept scaring me by telling me that when I get to this age....I guess all of the fish oil, vitamin c and d that I take has helped me immensely. The optometrist always harped about how beneficial these supplements are for eyesight.  He was right.

It is gloomy and yuck outside.  Still, I hope to get a walk in before teaching a few afternoon classes.  Reading, following up with the finance seminar and being present today.   Bring thankful for what I have and the life I have created.  I have not been participating much in the money mindset group until today. The thankfulness reminder inspired me to share a recent tale of my life.  Many people have liked the post (shockingly) and then someone else shared a story of waking up with the knowledge that she is broke. Cannot pay rent and was uncertain to where her money went. Some other person commented that the first lady should stop complaining because she has a roof over her head. Insinuated you should be happy for what you have and stop bitching about what you don't.  Seemed a little harsh and a reminder that this is why I do not typically share on platforms.  


No comments: