Wednesday, September 9, 2015

last few days

Yesterday was a loss.  Complete waste of a day.  That is what happens when I overindulge the previous day.  Instead of enjoying both of my days off.  I end up recovering in one of them. 
I spent the morning at the yoga studio.  I could not avoid that responsibility and so I drank coffee and counted the minutes down.  I love the studio.  I was just tired and in desperate need of rest.  Not feeling like the most engaging person that is for sure.
Monday, I worked at the studio and followed that up with lunch with my friend, Lawrence and his wife.  Thankfully, I managed to do my laundry before beginning wine lunch.  We had a progressive lunch and continued on to a downtown establishment.  I wanted Lawrence to see what it was like before dropping him off at a concert.  I retired to my house and had a picnic dinner later that evening. 
All, in all, a lovely day surrounded by friends, food and wine.  I am realizing that I have a few weeks left before my new adventure begins.  There is still a lot that I would like to do while in Santa Fe.  I know there will be a return to Ojo since I absolutely adore that.  And, there are a few core restaurants that I want to check out before departing.  I call this time in my life, the departure tour.  I probably will not have a going away party as I do not have the space to do it.  The majority of my belongings are now in Denver.  The picnic dinner the other night was interesting.  Kitchy, charming, fun....but not something that I want to repeat on many occasions.  A few of my friends here are interested in a party of sorts but I think I am running out of time.  I believe my departure will have to be done on a one on one basis.  I saw Lawrence and Jenn, Monday.  I will more than likely see Melody at Ojo and Libby and I have an upcoming walk scheduled.  I might see Scooby Snack or not.  I haven't really decided. 
I know that I am on the right path and that I am ready to be home.  My time away has been lovely and eye opening.  I do enjoy starting over and meeting new people.  I thrive on it.  I have expanded my social circle.  When I visit, I will have more people to see and a few yoga instructors to hang out with.  Hopefully, I will be able to do a sample class for Mira in the future.  I started this journey to improve the quality of teaching here and realized that I wanted to deepen my practice first.  Then, I will focus on teaching others.  I have found that some of the recent graduates are not equipped to adjust students and I do not want to be that kind of teacher.  I want to inspire others to deepen their own practice and feel comfortable approaching me with suggestions.  I feel that I need more time as a student before taking the lead to teach.  My training will conclude in a month.  I am thankful for that.  Work keeps me busy and productive.  I am off~

No comments: