Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy 2017

Ringing in the new year in style....with some bubbly.  Best way to start off the year.   And thinking of how to maneuver it.  With kindness.
Yes, seems simple but it is the most honest way to start the year. I observed a lack of compassion and harsh judgment last night.  People make rash judgments without even knowing the other person they are tearing apart.  It made me sad and reaffirmed that I want to be kind.
My friend, Sharleen, got married last night in the Bahamas.  At one point this past year, I thought I would be able to attend.  I looked at flights and considered homestays.  Until I switched jobs and that no longer was an option.  I did contact Shar and convey my well wishes.  I met her in 2008 in Chile while on my six month venture.  I am sure that I have mentioned her multiple times on my blog.  I visited her and her friends in 2010 and then we went to Cuba in 2014.  She is a like minded travel junkie.  Kind, compassionate and gracious. I hope she visits me sometime in the States. 
Her photos looked pretty freaking amazing, too.  I saw a few from their day on social media.  Gorgeous!  I am hoping to research a little more of Columbia before departing in two weeks.  It would be nice to have some sort of game plan.  In my life, I have always been a little more aloof when it comes to concrete itineraries.  I buy tickets and go from there.  This time, it would be nice to have a little more structure.  It will be the first time I travel with Cody and so I don't know her particular style yet.  When I vacation with Shari, Sara Jo or the Goddess I know there will be great food and many drinks involved.  They all know that I prefer to day drink.  I think Cody will be a little more adventurous with night time activities.  She is a connector, too.
We will fly in and out of Bogota with a few days in Cartagena and Medellin.  If not both of those cities, at least, Cartagena for sure.  I have heard many great things of that city and who doesn't enjoy a little beach time? 
Speaking of travel....maybe another passport stamp will be in my future.  Europe keeps calling.  I have a friend in Morocco currently.  His posts inspire me to make the commitment to a European adventure this year as well.  Los Angeles will occur in February. Then, I have some free time to breathe or maybe head to the Valley for some yoga and a spring training game.  We will see.  I could be enchanted again.  I do so love visiting Santa Fe.
Or head to Oz to see my "cousin" Emma and nephew, Mason.  I am excited for the potential of travel this year.  My older sister is supposed to celebrate my birthday with me.   I want her to either travel to Denver or meet me in Las Vegas or Texas.  In Texas, we could see her bestie from childhood in Houston or maybe Austin.  I loved Austin the one time I visited.  I could definitely do another go there.  Check out new restaurants and see friends.  Maybe I could convince Michaela to meet me in San Francisco.  I have not visited that city in a while.  I always love it!
I want to make an effort to take better care of myself.  Hire a trainer.  I have been thinking about it for a few months.  I don't know if I will contract an independent trainer or consider one of the options from my gym.  I go back and forth with enjoying the gym and having a difficult time going.  I am not in love with the classes or quite a few of the instructors.  I miss the yoga scene in Phoenix for example.  Great music, challenging sequences and consistently great.  I should make the best of my situation here since I love being in Denver.  I will make an honest effort to find a studio that I enjoy. 
Returning to kindness....I think that is my best option for a resolution.  That goes hand in hand with compassion which I also find lacking in the current state of affairs.  Enjoy your day and whatever comes your way.  Smile and be fierce!

No comments: