Saturday, January 14, 2017

the last five days

Five days of clarity or no drinking wine.  I chose to take some time off before my trip to detox. And being totally honest--to look better in my bikini.  Heading to Cartagena next week and I know that I will be sporting a bikini and a sarong for a good portion of the trip.  Why wouldn't I?  Gorgeous weather, the beach and a cabana boy if all goes right.
In those five days, I have learned that I do enjoy cooking at my house, some recipes sound good but are not executed well and that whole foods changed their carrot cake.  I am super bummed about the last one.  I do not know why they would alter that recipe.  Yet, they did and it is a poor substitute for the original.
I have made roasted beets and potatoes.  Both of those turned out well.  I partnered the potatoes with store bought green chile.  I always crave chile when it is cold.  I guess Santa Fe did speak to me on many levels.  I dream about the chile there.  I attempted roasted eggplant which was a disaster.  I have pan fried it before which has worked.  This method did not work for me.  Granted it was sort of an afterthought.  I cut the eggplant in half, then quartered and threw salt on it with olive oil.  Some.  I definitely did not put any love into it. I put it on a roasting dish and forgot about it.  When I went to flip the eggplant I recognized my mistake.  It was a soggy mess.
Many salads, some homemade sandwiches and of course, roasted chicken.  I cheated and bought that too.  Overall, it has been a sleep induced week.  I've caught up on sleep, bought shoes and done more TRX classes. I am sad that the studio I found is closing after this month due to landlord wishes and tenant needs.  I have found that I really enjoy the resistance training and full body work out that ensues.  Unfortunately, I have not found many options in Denver to support my desire.  If only I had found the studio in Santa Fe.  I would be buff. 
I suppose I could find a trainer.  I think that is my next purchase of the year.  A healthy lifestyle change supported by exercise.  Must find a trainer that I respect and who will challenge me.  There are options at the gym I am a member of.  I haven't been inspired by what I have seen in that department.  My experience is limited so I could research it more to truly form an opinion.  There is a girl that I believe would push me to my limit.  However, she is on maternity leave for the next three months. 
I arranged a pedicure which is always a necessity in my life.  Fantastic calf massage.  That is why I like pedicures.  Not so much for the painted toes.  I prefer that massage work.  It is such a treat!
Matt and I did a yoga class together.  It feels more natural now.  The language, cadence and rhythm of the class.  Eventually, I should focus on teaching only and not practice alongside.  However, I do enjoy feeling how my flow works.  If the transition is forced or organic.  After our class, Matt told me it was his favorite.  I realized that I designed the class to reach a posture and incorporated a build up to that end which truly worked.  As always, I started with many sun As and sun B's.  I prefer this way to warm up the core and feel that it works the best.  I do appreciate my astanga background.  Maybe I will find a class while in Columbia. I think Cody would be interested too.
Heading to Barre with Shannon.  She is my favorite instructor.  Always a challenging sequence and great music.  I love it!
Outside of that, I do have a few more days of preparation before getting my stamp.  It is time!  I think I might be able to do one of two more this year.  Why not?
Til then, enjoy your day.  Make the most of it!

No comments: