Friday, April 14, 2017

days off and plans

I've been battling allergies for the last five weeks.  It started in my left eye only.  Itching, irritation...eventually not being able to wear contacts.  I bought an over the counter remedy to aid in my fighting the onslaught of allergies.  It helped as long as I was taking the allergy pill.  I ran out and have wanted to stop taking the pills.  Yet, I can feel the irritation moving into my right eye.  It's odd that it is a shift to my right eye now.  I know that I will need to buy more Claritin to stop the irritation.
I have had a few days off which enables errands, working out, shopping and planning more trips.  I have a mini vacay to Palm Springs next week with Sara Jo. Ironically, my Barre instructor and her husband are also in Palm Springs next week.  I might meet up with them for a drink while in the desert.  I asked Shannon where she will be working out while on vacation.  She responded that she will run, lift at their resort and use P90X.  I think I will do some yoga and maybe run.  I would like to return to running so that I can run along Lakeshore Drive while in Chicago next month.  Must start somewhere.  One step at a time, right?
I met Tiffany for lunch yesterday.  We met at a new restaurant that is whisky driven.  Huge selection of spirits with an emphasis on mixology.  Reminded me of my brief stint at the mixology bar in Santa Fe.  And completed by the bartender.  He was a mixologist.  Could speak the spirit talk and about their shrubs, handmade ice and cocktails; but, had little emphasis on the service or communication department.  I ordered a bottle of wine which he opened but did not chill and then never poured us more wine to drink.  It was disappointing in all honesty.  The food was okay.  Could have used a little seasoning but adequate. 
Afterwards, we met my friend, Janna and her mother.  Janna and I met while in Phoenix and hit it off talking about Denver and finding out that we both were from Kansas.  Both of us lived in the desert for a stint before returning to Denver.  Currently, she works across the street from my job and so I see her intermittently or when are schedules align as they did yesterday.  Her mom from Kansas was meeting her for the weekend and so we met Janna and her mom for happy hour.  Her mom lives in Manhattan and so I questioned where and that my sister lives in Manhattan as well.  We continued gabbing and her mom mentioned that she had heard of my sister who is an aestitician in Manhattan.   Had not received services from Jasmin but knew of her.  I thought that was cute and again, small world. As I continue to travel and meet people, I do find that my worlds collide in the most positive way.  I love that!
Today, I am hoping to attend a yoga class, clean my house and iron my work clothes.   Maybe meet the WP later for lunch. I am in desperate need of new running shoes and casual shoes.  I flirt with the return of plantar fasciitis on a daily basis due to my love of barre classes and beating up my calves.  If only I could pay more heed to my calves and foam rolling them. I do have a foam roller and another tool to aid my feet.  I need to add this to the regimen in the a.m. which includes coffee, brushing teeth and taking vitamins.  I cannot stop going to barre classes.  I won't.  Although, I do not enjoy plantar fasciitis.  It hurts and debilitates me and my ability to walk, work, enjoy life.  I should be more kind to my calves.
Yoga helps and inspires.  Off to greet the day!

No comments: