Saturday, April 8, 2017

events and my love of carrot cake

 Running of the Greens.  I meant to post this after we did the event.  The older lady between my friends wanted to photo bomb the picture.  Didn't really work out that way.  She was funny.  She couldn't hear how loud she was.  I cannot remember her age but I think she was 74ish.  She wanted to photo bomb but didn't look at me when I was taking the picture.
That race was fun.  I sort of dreaded it since I had not been running for almost a year.  Still after we began I remembered how much I do, in fact, enjoy running.  Plus, after the race, they treated us to two beers at the Expo which was nice and necessary. 
Of course while running that event, my friends and I contemplated other races we could participate in.  A 10k is probably the best event in my opinion.  It is the ideal distance and time.  I enjoy half marathons but they require a little more of a commitment.  A full marathon is a beast which I do not know that I will ever take on again.  I have not yet performed a 5k and do not know if I ever will.  So, we considered other events this year.  I want to sign up for a half or a 10k to motivate me to begin another running regime. 
In the meantime, I discovered an event and have signed up for it.  The Lemon Climb is our next event.  The goddess and I are participating in a non running event.  Or, actually, we could try to run some of the flights of stairs.  I doubt we will run 43 flights of stairs.  I don't want to do it, haha!  We are fundraising as well.  This is a really great cause and I love how it evolved.  I love that a little girl came up with a lemon stand as a way to raise money to fight cancer.  Her determination and efforts created the lemon climb events which are held, annually, in cities around the U.S.


Running and events enable me to eat as much carrot cake as I want.  I found this last night while dining at Solera.  When Joshua asked us if we were interested in dessert, we said no.  Intuitively, he placed a menu in front of us and when we saw the carrot cake, the decision was made for us.  I don't remember carrot cake ever being offered there and so we had to sample it. 
It was good.  I prefer a little more frosting.  I liked the presentation and it was moist.  I don't love that word but it is appropriate it this case.  It was a great conclusion to our meal there. 
I am off to hit a Barre class (further way to combat the sugars I ingest).  I will not cut wine out of my diet.  Or carrot cake for that matter.  So, I invest time and energy into barre and yoga classes.  I am teaching the mini tomorrow at my house.  I am finding more instructors at my gym that I like.  Thankfully.  And they have offered more classes during the day which are inspiring me to attend more of the classes.  It's finally coming together!  Or, I suppose, I am making more of an effort to go to the gym.  I want to find TRX classes nearby my house.  That would be the ultimate workout.  More and more studios are offering these classes.  I took my first TRX class in Santa Fe.  I wish that studio was here.  I loved the energy, the music and it was a kick ass class!  I might venture down, again, to take another class at Temple and Tribe.  Epic workout.
Off to begin my day.  Cheers!

No comments: