Sunday, April 16, 2017

Saturday woes

As much as I love the colors of spring, the allergies, well, leave a lot to be desired.  I am going to have to buy more Claritin to keep evading them. I am not a fan of pills or medicating myself to avoid symptoms in my life.  Allergies cannot be left alone, though.
I considered a yoga class before my barre class regimen on Saturdays.  I like the instructor that is subbing the next month.  He is an ashtangi and I understand the sequence of his classes.  Plus, he encourages a yoga community by having the students talk to each other as well as do some adjustments in partner fashion which further aids in interaction and overall community.  The class that he is teaching is busy and the woman has a following.  I found this as I have encountered many of the people lingering around and blocking access to the studio for the barre class.  It's insane the amount of time these people take up, chatting, after class with this instructor.  They loiter in the studio and make it uncomfortable to enter and prepare for the barre class.  I managed to arrange my mat one day and was trying to hurry them along by helping them put props away when I watched two of them step on my mat.  I freaked out!  I despise when people walk on my mat.  I do not understand why people feel it is appropriate to walk on someone else's space.  It is sacrilege! 
So, I contemplated attending Mark's class.  I could support him and get a good class out of it and endure some of the people that I have found annoying in the past.  I know that Mark would call me out in his class.  He would want to involve me in his community developed class.  I opted to skip it.  I will focus on the Barre class.  My favorite instructor is in Palm Springs.  I hope that her sub ramps up the music. I like Maggie and I like her sequence.  I do not love her music selection.  Sometimes, it is passable.  Most times, it is sub par.  However, I want to go to a class and of all of the potential subs, I know that Maggie is the best.  I can overlook the music and sustain a great work out. 
I departed for the market to buy Claritin.  I stopped by another market to pick up a breakfast sandwich and returned home.  I parked my car and stepped out and twisted my ankle good.  It was nuts.  I stepped out of my car and somehow managed to completely jack up my foot.  I limped up the stairs and eventually evened out.  I still have no idea how I stepped down in such a way to create so much pain. 
I went to Barre class and managed to do the sequence of plies and squats.  I avoided the releve's as much as I could.  I did not want to further aggravate my foot.  There was a slight swelling, later, which I managed with some alleve and rest.  Work was interesting.  Mostly due to the onslaught of allergies.  Midway through my shift, I couldn't see.  I was struggling to not itch my eyes and see. Today, I will wear glasses and take some more allergy pills.  One of my customers actually gave me some Zyrtek.  It was funny! 
Day of rest in terms of physical activity.  I would love to attend a barre class.  I just don't have time for it today.  Work will consume the majority of my day.  And dealing with allergies.  Sounds fun, right?
Drink some bubbles and enjoy life!

No comments: