Thursday, August 16, 2018

acupuncture, essential oils and travel

Essential oils have helped, immensely.  I finally remembered that I have not yet tried acupuncture which is another healthy modality in healing the body.  I reached out to my community of practitioners--my massage therapist and personal trainer--to see if they had anyone they could recommend.  Each person responded and I considered the location of their preferred acupuncturist.  Matt's was in Arvada which is a hike for me and Courtney's suggestion is closer but I would not be able to see him until August 30th.  Ironically, I had dinner with Sara Jo the other night and mentioned that I was looking for an acupuncturist.  She immediately had an option for me.  It is community driven with a sliding scale.  I looked at the website and secured an appointment for yesterday.  It was awesome!  Not only was it near my area of town but I could also book an appointment for a convenient time for me.  I entered the facility and was attended too, immediately.  I explained the reason for my visit and of course, am still sporting the lovely ankle brace.  The doctor of medicine placed eight needles around my foot as well as a few on my knee, elbow, wrist and forehead.  I felt the sensation of circulation in my foot and forced myself to relax.  I sat there for thirty minutes while the needles worked their magic.
Afterwards, I inquired about my treatment plan. The acupuncturist feels that I should have two to three treatments a week until I feel better.  I will continue to apply essential oils, soak my foot in bath salts and keep my foot compressed.  I am adding a ginger compress to the mix as well.  Apparently, ginger aids in circulation which I need.  I need to be gentle and continue to take care of my ankle.
In other areas of my life, I have booked an Airbnb for a mini trip to Santa Fe with the girls.  We are going to try to do one last trip of 2018 together.  Ironically, this falls around my birthday which I always want to celebrate.  We are heading down on a Sunday and staying thru Tuesday.  In that time, we can soak at Ojo Caliente and discover some of the newer restaurants in Santa Fe.  It will be the Goddess's first trip down there and I am excited to show her my perspective of Santa Fe.  I see silver coins, soaking and green chile in my future.  We may even be able to explore the farmer's market before heading back to Denver.  It remains to be seen.
I might head west to Aspen with a friend as well.  I want to make the most of my year and finish big.  I have been to Santa Fe four times this year, Kansas once, Nashville, Minneapolis, Washington D.C., Walla Walla and hoping to add Aspen to the mix.  That is a town that has eluded me in the past.  A few years ago, I was supposed to go to food and wine with the Warrior Prince.  Or, we had talked about it and then it never happened.  I would love to check it out.  I also flew to Puerto Rico in March to celebrate a friend's wedding.  That should have been the first place I listed. It was a lovely experience and I miss Tiffany and Dan very much.  Maybe I can venture there to check out more of the island and see their new wine shop.  That trip was fast and furious....
So, I will continue to baby my ankle and dream of travel.  Yoga clients keep me busy and inspired to check out new sequences.  I am busy and I love it!  I am off to purchase ginger and see how it works in the healing process.

No comments: