Tuesday, August 21, 2018

day off

Day off translated to cleaning house, reading, watching some tv, cooking dinner and teaching one client.  Originally, I thought I would take the day to detox and had believed I would stick to it.  Then, I thought about what I would prepare for dinner and wine accompanies pasta too well.  I couldn't resist!
My client arrived around 6:30 and hung out with me until 7:45.  She likes to chit chat after the sessions which is lovely and, at times, irritating.  Last night, I was ready to be back in my own  space before she was ready to depart.  I understand wanting to hang out, I do.  Only, last night, was my only night off and I wanted to fully utilize it.  So, I made pasta and drank wine.
I attempted to make lunch plans with Roxie.  We had been practicing yoga fairly regularly until she experienced a shoulder injury.  It was an old injury that had been acting up and so after she had it checked out, she experienced a lower back issue as well.  Now, it's been six weeks since we practiced together.  It will be an interesting start of practicing together or maybe we will focus on the lunch factor.  She is still healing and so I don't even know when she is wanting to practice yoga together.  Plus, her job is requiring a bunch of her time and so I don't know how much free time she actually has to do yoga and or day drink.  I have clothes to drop by good will and should get that done.  It would also be nice to pick up a new vase for my gratitude bowl.  I have been slacking on my notes of gratitude the last few months.  Mostly because my vase is being used to house flowers on a regular basis.  I am trying this new thing where I purchase new flowers weekly and enjoy them until they are no longer fresh.  It adds a nice energy to my house and reminds me to be thankful on a daily basis.
My current book is challenging.  I am struggling to get vested into it.  I am still waiting for that spark.  You know the one I am talking about?   Where all you can do is read until you finish since you are so enticed by the author.  My current book is not providing any energy for me.  I am struggling to read it and if I make it to page 100 and still feel nothing, well, it will be going back to the free library.  I sort of have a feeling that is where it is destined to go.  I just cannot seem to get into this book.
I have others to choose from.  I could find something to occupy my time.  Make me day dream.  Reflect.  Release.  Absorb my thoughts as opposed to watching tv. I really should limit that time suck part of my life.  It seems too easy, at times, to fall into a show.  Especially late at night when I am not yet ready for bed.  I should make more of an effort to read or write, even.  Use my mind instead of having it crammed with reality tv.  Yes, I do get sucked in to some of that b.s.
I arranged another acupuncture treatment for this week.  It seems to be helping my ankle, immensely.  I am healing.
I looked at flights.  I always rely on travel as a gateway for fun.  I keep returning to heading to Aspen on a road trip.  Or, perhaps a flight to Seattle.  I have a friend that could be my tour guide in Seattle.  I see some wine tasting in that trip and perhaps some foodie driven experiences.  I should just commit to one or the other.  Not worry about the others involved.  It will work out the way it is supposed to.  I can delay or postpone my clients and create some space for a trip in my near future.
I should get up and greet the day.  Drop my clothes to good will and explore part of the city before heading into work.  I am thankful that I have the opportunity to work today.  It is an overcast day and inspiring me to be productive.
Cheers!

No comments: