Sunday, September 30, 2018

Clean eating

This last month has been super indulgent.  It's hard for me to not be.  It's my birthday and I tend to over celebrate with friends.  I love the opportunity to see people.  Of course, food and wine is involved and the celebratory status lasts for days.  I saw the Goddess, Jenn, Roxie and helped Sara Jo depart from Denver.  That definitely added to my excessive ways.
I am returning to my trainer tomorrow morning to face the music in a way. I know that I have been excessive and not exercising as often as I like to do.  I did attend a TRX driven barre class last week while visiting Santa Fe.  It didn't kill me.  I was sore, afterwards, but I also identified that I am stronger than I was a year ago.  That felt good and I suppose will help me face the fury of my trainer tomorrow.  It's been three months since our last session.  Some of it is due to the fact that I have been nursing an injury.  The high ankle sprain that will not end. I finally broke down and found a chiropractor to assess the situation and help me with pain management and releasing some of the chronic muscle contraction in my calf muscles.  I think the brace that I had been wearing made it worse for me.  It became more of a crutch.  I thought I needed it and forgot what actually walking felt like.  My chiropractor took one look at my gait and taped up my foot.  He wanted me to utilize my natural walking as opposed to relying on the brace.  I have been dry needled, vascular flushed and had a raptor utilized on me.  The raptor is a hand held device that stimulates the muscles.  It hurt so good, lol.
Since incorporating the chiropractor into my life, I do feel better.  Immensely.  It inspires me to consider how I want to spend the next month.  With the addition of my trainer resurfacing, I want to maintain a cleaner lifestyle.  Minimize the wine intake and attempt to dine at home more frequently.  I have pickles, olives, and tuna burgers from Sara Jo's kitchen.  I went to the farmer's market this morning and picked up some tomatoes, cucumbers, mixed greens and peaches.  Why wouldn't I cook at home?
Thankfully, I have the opportunity to do just that.  And plan travel.  I hope to visit Sara Jo in Palm Springs before she heads to Florida. That trip will definitely be more challenging to pull off in three days.  And, I don't know how long it will take Sara to settle into Florida.  Heading west is more attractive to me and I could explore more of Joshua Tree.  It was beautiful.
I will be in Santa Fe, again, to visit Melody and do another soak at Ojo Caliente.  I want to focus on my needs and what makes me happy.  Clearly, travel is always a factor.  And., I believe it is time to finally create a home out of my rental space.  It's challenging since I do not like clutter or things and tend to purchase more airline tickets than anything else.  Maybe refocus and create some space in my life for roots.  I have multiple plants to add life to my home now.  I gave Sara Jo my plants from Brian's memorial.  I received them in 2006 and they are still thriving.  I love it!
So, perhaps, slow down.   Write more.  Read.  Expand my yoga and reflect on what I truly want out of life. I felt so fortunate on my birthday.  Spent time with my aunt, saw Jenn K and heard from many, many friends.  I am extremely grateful for the friendships I have in my life.
Tomorrow is a new day.  My focus will be on the clean eating and taking care of me.

No comments: