Saturday, February 4, 2023

Saturday thoughts

Happy Saturday!  It is a gorgeous day in Denver.  Sun is shining bright.  So many people are outdoors, walking and basking in the sunshine.

Yoga was fire!  A few people but great energy and flow.  Afterwards, we chitchatted, enjoyed mimosas and watched the KU game.  Well.  That was brief.  The game was shitty, and I knew from experience of being a fan that they were likely taking an L today.  I stopped watching and was present for the conversation that was unfolding around me.  We tried to avoid the rabbit hole, but it isn't easy.  Current events, politics, tv shows, a balloon.... we kept returning to the negative conspiracy driven space.  

The conversation evolved into potential new zodiac signs.  What?  I have not heard anything of that particular discussion.  And it doesn't make much sense.  The time periods are all over the place.  Perhaps they are more indicative of characteristics of people.  I need to research more before I commit to being a Virgo for the time period of six weeks.  

I returned home and reheated my garlic noodles.  This dish is going into my rotation of what I feel confident preparing for myself.  I almost always have ginger, garlic, honey, soy sauce on hand.  Scallions have found a way into my daily juice (I juice daily. The juicer is the best gift I have received in the last year) and I have purple cabbage in my fridge currently.  Delightful dish and easy to put together.  I am trying to expand my culinary familiarity.  The convenience of dining out or ordering take out is too easy.  Reliable.  However, the quality is no longer that great.  I know what I am sacrificing for convenience.  Quality.  Being in control of what I put in my body.  

When is the last time you have dined our and the server or bartender actually pours your bottle of wine the entirety of your experience?  What happened to suggest that wine pouring was no longer a part of the experience?

Some might argue covid-19 happened.  Yet, we have been recovering from that the last year and a half.  Restaurants re-opened, wearing masks lessened, touching people increased.  Humanity, kindness, gratitude returned.  

Let's all try to be kinder to our fellow humans.  Stop.  Take a breath before reacting to inconveniences.  Smile.  I suppose I am writing this month for myself to make this a habit for me.  Take a beat before reacting.  Always operate from kindness/positivity.  And recognize the bull shit that is making its way into your life.  More on that later.

However, you choose, enjoy this beautiful day.  It is awesome outside!


No comments: