Thursday, February 16, 2023

Thankful Thursday

Sunshine.  Sesame noodles.  My health.  
On Tuesday, I made my way to the restaurant and realized that I had only brought a hoodie as I was walking into the door.  I knew that it might snow but I spaced it out when I left for work.  As the afternoon turned into night the temperatures dropped.  Snow began and I ran to my car.
Wednesday brought more snow and cooler temperatures.  I hibernated and assessed my pantry situation.  Canned tuna, sardines, corn tortillas, a handful of tomatoes and eggs.  If snow continued thru Friday, I would be screwed.  I definitely was unprepared for the weather.  
I follow a few IG accounts that are food driven.  These accounts have helped me prepare foods for my yoga happy hours and expand my culinary skills.  Recently, I kept seeing recipes for garlic noodles.  I almost always have garlic and ginger on hand.  Ginger is juiced, daily.  Or most days.  On a rare occasion, I do not use my juicer.  I have been incorporating sesame seeds, soy seeds and a chili sauce in my rotation of items that I am purchasing from the market.  Tom loves H Mart.  I think I have been more adventurous knowing how much he enjoys shopping at an Asian Market.  I do like H Mart for the produce, amazing amounts of sauces, and porcelain goods.  I prefer the Great Wall Market for the prepared sushi.  Better selection and awesome quality.  
I decided to look into testing out a recipe.  I think I went overboard on the garlic cloves.  I composed a sauce of soy, sesame oil, honey, red chile flakes.  I have been playing with the recipes and adding in leftovers and mustard.  I am sure the recommended recipes are superior to my hodgepodge, but it is fun to play around with.  
Since last Friday, my commitment to my daily walking has been inconsistent.  Saturday was a complete loss.  I taught yoga at the St. Paul and had a few new participants.  Of course, I had to bring more bubbly.  Then there was the basketball game I needed to finish.  I convinced Jordan to join me for brunch.  Afterwards, I chose a nap over walking.  Epic fail.  Basketball games always entice me to keep watching and cheering for my team.
Sunday, I did a short walk with Roxanne.  Initially, we had planned on walking to and from Postino to maximize the walking factor.  We sort of got out of hand with the catching up and enjoying wine.  I do not regret meeting her only that I opted to receive a ride back to her house instead of walking.  
I had a short walk on Monday between yoga clients.  I had a few errands and a mandatory house cleaning to prep for clients.  I should have done better.  Especially in light of the weather the rest of the week.
Tuesday, I met Brie and we did complete a full loop of the park.  Successful day and fun lunch.  Wednesday, I hibernated.  It looked warm but they said it felt like one degree.  Yikes!  I taught a few classes, made dinner and was in bed by 10:30.  
Today, I forced myself to take a walk midafternoon. Tomorrow I will make time to walk.  Next week, there is Santa Fe with Shari.  I believe I will finally make the walk to Museum Hill.  Tom is not a huge fan of this idea of mine.  I think he knows his hip will bother him one of the directions.  
I have many things to be incredibly thankful for.  I want to honor my decision to be happier, more positive and in the gratitude state.  Some Thursdays I might skip this post.  Unintentionally, but it could happen.
What are you thankful for today?  Share your light with your world.  Be happy!

No comments: