Friday, February 10, 2023

yoga sessions, frustrations and gratitude

First Detox to Retox yoga session was successful!  Somehow, I managed to fit five people into my apartment without too much stress.  I think I could potentially add more person.  It would be mat to mat but isn't that how yoga classes used to be?  I remember attending numerous classes in Phoenix where this was the case.  To avoid too much Claus trophic anxiety, I would try to arrive early and place my mat in one of the corners of the room.  Or sometimes near the entry way to avoid having too many people around me.  The doorway was strategic.  The class was heated and typically the instructor would open the door to release some of the heat which was welcomed by all.  I know some people did not love this practice but for me, I loved it.  I needed a little reprieve from the heated classroom with the increased humidity.  

After the session, we noshed on a few snacks--seven-layer Mediterranean dip, chickpea salad and cucumbers with cream cheese, avocado and everything seasoning (surprisingly really good).  Some wine.  Tequila.  Great conversation.  I believe I will host two sessions next month.  One will be the equinox session to honor the spring equinox while the other will be a freestyle flow.  I should have offered my apartment months ago.  Or my friend, Roxie, has hosted a few happy hours at her old apartment.  She has offered to host in her home which would be pretty great.  It is in a different area of Denver, and she has way more space than I do.

Outside of the yoga, I have been walking more frequently.  I handled my car tags (finally).  I definitely have anxiety about going to any DMV.  I envision long waits and being frustrated.  My first attempt to get my tags occurred in December before my temp tags expired.  I waited for the title which didn't arrive, and I really didn't know how to proceed.

The gentleman that assisted me was quite kind and helpful.  He noted that I could obtain another temp tag at no charge if I returned to where I purchased the vehicle.  Easy peasy.  The next day, I received notification that the DMV had my title.  I could have handled the car tags in December, but I had updated the temp tags through February 2023.  Why not wait?

I returned to the DMV on Wednesday, mid-afternoon.  I realized that that was not the ideal time to take care of this task.  They were backed up and wanted people to check in before 2:30 to ensure assistance.  Otherwise, there was no guarantee of being seen that day.  I had ten minutes to check in and it seemed highly unlikely to be helped.  I chose to return a different day.

Yesterday, no line and friendly older man manning the door.  I was seen within three minutes of arriving.  I even wrote a check, lol.  

I am so thankful for today.  There was a podcast clip, earlier, that the host kept saying you can change your life within 30 days if you are thankful.  Yet, most people listening to this will forget about saying thank you by this evening.  Another thirty percent will forget to practice this by tomorrow morning.  Such a simple habit.  Say thank you.  He suggested expressing gratitude when you are stopped at a red light.  Be thankful instead of frustrated.  You are alive.  

Only a reminder as I learned today of a friend's passing.  A young woman.  Honestly, I do not know her exact age.  Only that she had two small daughters and had relocated to Kansas last year to be closer to her family and support.  She passed in her sleep.  It is tragic, sad and difficult to process.  

I am planning on trying out the habit of saying thank you.  Discover how my life changes in positive ways.  


No comments: